2002 Specialized Enduro Expert FSR

Had a few more rides on it and I absolutely love it. I've found this bike perfect for me. Really glad it all came good after the hassle with the rear shock.

Just bought an XTR rear disc brake for it now. Should save a couple of grams off the Tektro brake I have at the moment and it saves me buying a longer hose and a bleed kit to get the brake hose to follow the proper route on the frame.

XTR Rear disc brake landed today. Need a IS-IS + 20 adapter, but apart from that it's fitted. It's a lot lighter than the Tektro brake and is a work of art. Just means I'd like a matching brake for the front now. Might have to wait until after Christmas for that though, been spending a bit too much recently!

Well, done a few more things recently! Really must stop for a few months now and just get riding, but offers just keep popping up, haha.

I got a 180F and a 160R 'flame' discs from Superstar components. These are really well made and only weigh 115g & 98g's each.

superstarflamediscs.jpg

I also sold my old Tektro brakes which had left me with no front brake... It would have been a shame to fit anything but a matching from brake to the rear! I got a quote from a local shop, as opposed to going down the CRC/Merlin/Wiggle route, and they beat all the prices I could find. Ordered and paid for on Monday (they didn't have one in stock) and it landed on my desk at work on Thursday. Stirling effort! Thanks Scotby Cycles, Carlisle.

Also got a proper Specialized chainstay protector from eBay for £3.

That's all for now :D

Had the bike out for the first time with the XTR brakes on today. It was minus 11 so didn't really get to test the heat dissipation of the titanium backed pads, haha. Really loving the bike though, it suits me perfectly.

19122010434.jpg

Really don't think there is anything I want to upgrade next. Think I'm just going to ride it as it is and just replace things as they wear/break.

There will be some small changes to the Enduro over the next few weeks as a result of my Cinder Cone build. Plan is to move the XT rear mech, XT chainset and XTR disc brakes over to the Cinder Cone. These parts will be replaced with SLX items on the Enduro. They'll be a small bit of weight added to the Enduro as a result, but I don't think they'll compromise the build in anyway. Watch this space :)

Had a shock/mud guard land for the Enduro today too. Should help protect all the new parts I had fitted to the shock!

08012011449.jpg

just found this in my old library :LOL: Way old..if you copy the pic to your comp and enlarge it you should be able to read the text better ;)
test006.jpg

test007.jpg

test008.jpg

I am really enjoying your Enduro scans.

Oh and they look really cool with those mudflaps, my shock still gets dirty though. I might get some Lizard Skins for my Shock & headset soon

Scans are very useful, thanks Bikebandit :)

Was tempted to change the forks on the Enduro for some Fox ones, but fate decided I should keep them.

Still riding the Enduro weekly and enjoying every mile on it. Would still like to loose a little bit of weight off it, but running out of ideas where I can practically do so.

Back