MacRetro Newbies.... Introduce yourself here:

Welcome, what you ride or how much £££££ you've got means
diddly squat on here its the spirit of the thing you need ;)
You'll be made welcome that's for sure.

Look forward to meeting up ........................ RobMac

Hawmaw":387e5ryb said:
Thought I'd better say hello to the MacRetro folk since I've been lurking about for a while.

I'm a recent convert to mtb and as an old fart I'm drawn to older bikes.

I've currently got a 1996 Specialized Rockhopper with a modern shock fitted that I use on XC and trails. It's been round the Arrochar loop , Carron Valley and the Greenock/Kelly cut recently.

I've also got a 1988 Mongoose Sycamore which I've used on some light off road stuff.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=128458

I've not got the cash or time to do the fantastic restos I see on here so I just keep my bikes running and out and about.

I'll maybe get the chance to meet up with some of you in the coming year.

:cool: Would love a wee guided tour round the Greenock cut one time. Pass through on the road bike often enough but haven't taken the mountain bike up yet.

kaiser":3uqdo2tu said:
:cool: Would love a wee guided tour round the Greenock cut one time. Pass through on the road bike often enough but haven't taken the mountain bike up yet.

It's a nice wee easy route that gets a bit harder as you head down the Kelly cut to Wymess Bay. Lots of mud at this time of year but was good a couple of weeks ago in the hard frost.

Ahhhh the MacRetro section - lovely...

Just registered, been amazed by pics and things on this site, and even better now there a Mac section too! In Edinburgh born & bred, raced thru teen years and then found pubs n' beer......still riding now but commuting and wheezing with the best of them - my head can still ride quick!!
Got a '93 Cinder Cone, which was my race bike in the day too....
In Edinburgh, and all the boys i raced with are still riding so trying to convince them to get on here too......awesome..........hopefully see some of you around!

Also, how do i get a sig to work??

Welcome giba1, where did you race?

All you new guys ...Feel free to join us on the dunkeld ride, 15 miles of icy fun with pub grub at the end.

Thought i'd take this opportunity to say hello. I've been sniffing about this site for a few months now. It's great.

Been away from mtbs (and all bikes, for that matter) for about 15 years and only got interest again when my brother bought one. I thought i'd join him, but didn't really have the funds to buy anything half decent new or newish. The bikes of desire from the mid 90's came back into mind and i managed to purchase a lovely (although a wee bit tatty) '97 Heckler.

Photo0155.jpg

I'll be collecting all the parts i want first before it's stripped repainted, then rebuilt. I'm hoping it all goes well, but i'm sure i'll need to pick your wise brains for help along the way.

Back