Anyone in/near Poole fancy a free 50s Raleigh project?

garethrl

Senior Retro Guru
I'm deliberately 'outing' this one here rather than the ebay section since I'm looking for help as much as pointing someone as a bargain. Someone has this listing for a 50's Lenton frame that I'd love to get my hands on.

It's essentially a full bike plus an extra frame, plus a pair of wheels that may or may not be beyond repair. The trouble is, it's collection only. My interest is in the green Lenton frame and the steel drop bars/stem it has. The wheels, brakes, cranks it's currently sporting can come off and go on the blue frame. I suppose I'd like to keep the Brooks, but that's negotiable.

Basically, I propose to bid and win the auction for the lot. Then someone local collects it and posts me the frame/bar/saddle(?) and builds the rest onto the the blue frame for themselves - for free! I'd pay the postage to my UK address (not Brussels), of course.

Any interest, please register it here, or send me a PM.

Cheers,
Gareth.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
hey gareth,

if the seller is happy to have someone other than the buyer collect then i can do it for you, the auction ends in 4ish days. it's about a 3 quarters of an hour drive but i should be going over there to ride with makster at some point, he lives near by. also i have the next 2 weeks off so have a big window to get it sorted for you. i am not really interested in the other frame/parts but happy to help out as long i am not out of pocket postage costs wise.

hope that helps

:)

What do you mean lol, Im confused. I could probably do this pretty soon. Ive got to go to a mates house in poole in a week ish. But do you mean you will pay via paypal for the bikes, Then pay for the postage too or do i have to pay the postage to get the other frame? lol. Sorry if ive missed something...

My offer is to pay the seller for the job lot, as long as someone can collect it on my behalf. I've been in touch with the seller and he's happy with this. Then once it's been collected, the green Lenton needs to be stripped to frame/fork/BB/stem/bar/seatpost/saddle (maybe) and that lot posted to me, by the person who collects - then I reimburse them the postage costs for that lot.

The sender is then free to do what they like with all that remain, ie the blue frame/fork, two sets of wheels (one looks in pretty tidy condition), brakeset, two sets of cranks, stem, mudgaurds .. There's everything short of a handlebar to get rolling as a singlespeed, and all that's needed for a geared bike is a 3- or 4-speed Sturmey trigger.

How does that sound to you?

Cheers,
Gareth.

retrowagen1234":22ppqx96 said:
What do you mean lol, Im confused. I could probably do this pretty soon. Ive got to go to a mates house in poole in a week ish. But do you mean you will pay via paypal for the bikes, Then pay for the postage too or do i have to pay the postage to get the other frame? lol. Sorry if ive missed something...

Ahhhhh i get ya.... Ive gotta find out exactly when im heading down there. , Ill give my mate a text now and find out. Then ill let ya know. Hes a bit all over the place atm with a house move.... ;)

Well, the listing has now ended early! I've emailed the seller to see what that means and if there's any chance of proceeding! I'll yet you know what I find out, if anything.

Cheers,
Gareth.

Nothing to see here after all. The seller pulled the listing after receiving 'a great offer' and the bike has already been collected. The search continues ...

Back