1998 Bianchi NTH FX Reparto Corse

jmacbrid

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hey Everyone,

I though I would post my latest project that I been collecting parts for over the past months.

The idea was to find a MTB made by a successful roadie brand, make it relatively correct to the era and all within the tiny budget of an a final year accounting student living far from his home (Australia) in Sweden.

So when this Bianchi came up for sale here in Sweden, I just had to have it. The bike cost me 290pounds but did come with all the extra parts that had been replaced during it's life time. The bike hadn't been ridden off road nor had it been ridden in the last 8 years :LOL:. May have been a bit expensive but because everyone owns and needs a bicycle in Sweden prices are through the roof :evil:.

I decided to set myself a budget of 350 pounds overall including the initial outlay for the bike. So first to go were the Magura Racelines :cry: for 60pounds, next to go was the Tioga blue riser's for 15pounds. I had to sell these items as the bike came with an Acera groupset :roll:, typical Italians. Mavic wheel set transfered to my Specialized build for a transfer cost of 20pounds.

This left me at 351pounds I have acquired the following parts from retrobike, Swedish forums, ebay and LBS,

Current Spec

Frame: Bianchi NTH FX Reparto Corse

Fork: Rock Shox Indy S

Headset: Ritchey Logic (needs to be fitted)
Stem: Ritchey Comp
Handlebar: Ritchey Comp
Grips: NEED

Brakes: NEED
Brake Levers: XT M739

Shifters: XT M739
Front Derailleur: XT M738
Rear Derailleur: XT M739
Cassette: NEED
Chain: NEED
Cranks: XT M737
Crank Bolts: Shimano
Chainrings: XT M737
Chainring bolts: Shimano
Bottom Bracket: XT M737
Pedals: LX Shimano

Hub Skewers: Shimano LX
Rims: Tioga
Hubs: Shiamno Parallex
Tyres: Tioga

Saddle: Bianchi Selle Master, Ti
Seatpost: Ritchey
Seatpost Binder: Bianchi

Still need,

Cassette and Chain.
XT V-brakes.
Grips.
Shim.

So at the moment looks like I will be going over budget, but I will have to sell some parts to fund the rest of the build. As parts will be transferred to another build, the bianchi budget will recoup some inter department transfer costs ;).

I will up load build pictures as I go along, but here is the bike when I bought it. The thing hanging off the back is a holder for a lock :roll:.

Attachments

• Bianchi.jpg
    Bianchi.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 4,431
I was alittle shocked when I saw it for the first time, who has a D-lock holder, lights and a pump attached to the stem. On what should be a weekend warrior :roll:.

Pictures should be up Thursday.

Update 26/01/2011

Well tonight I felt I had enough parts to pull the Bianchi apart and start working on it.

I had hoped to use Bontrager riser bar and stem combination but the shim I was supplied with didn't fit. So on when the Ritchey comp parts I had waiting for another build, may stay on may not.

Tonight I fitted Tioga Wheels, Tires, Ritchey Stem and Bars, XT M739 front and rear mechs. I am waiting on M739 shifters and brake levers just need to source some V's for the build most likely Avid's.

See pictures here,

Bianchi Pictures

Just an update before I go skiing for awhile :LOL: ,

I have some XTM739 8 speed sti brake and shifter combo on the way, XT M750 v brake set (thanks Sithlord) and Ritchey grips, handlebar shim, Sram cassette and chain all from CRC. So all the parts are on the way, can't wait to get back from skiing and put it all together and even more take it out for a ride.

Bit late now but this is a 98 FY-620 NTH Reparto Corse. I am restoring it over lock down. (notice the long chain)

Attachments

• 20201007_131731.jpg
    20201007_131731.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 513
Back