MacRetro Trading Post

zigzag":g1vg20jt said:
Not in the market, but interested to know - why you selling K?

Lowering my retro stock. I was going to build it as a weenie full susser but I'm moving past the 'all types of bikes' thing. I'll be keeping the new Ritchey and the new FAT, they will be rolled out at retro meets and I'll do up the HKeK as an off road tourer. Apart from that everything is going. Sad to say but I get most enjoyment out of my moderns and I have my eye on a replacement for the Kona (which seems to be my most ridden bike). If I didn't fancy a change I'd keep it.

I have moments like that Mr K but then stop thinking about it ha ha- never had any love for the fat bounce machine albeit heard lots of people rave about it- apparently that was one of the reasons Fat went tits up so kind of hate it for that reason.

I hear you Dyna not sure I want to throw lots of money at a halfway disc frame thang- new frame or frame conversion looks on the cards then :?

clockworkgazz":3qck7lio said:
I hear you Dyna not sure I want to throw lots of money at a halfway disc frame thang- new frame or frame conversion looks on the cards then

It's a problem :( seems to be my luck on here.Buy expensive-rebuild-sell for a loss.
You'll probably find that after it's sat about for a couple of months,i'll end up swopping it for something. :?
Very handy piece of kit :cool:

clockworkgazz":1b3d51fc said:
I have moments like that Mr K but then stop thinking about it ha ha- never had any love for the fat bounce machine albeit heard lots of people rave about it- apparently that was one of the reasons Fat went tits up so kind of hate it for that reason.

Fat went Tits up because the would not move with the times. Rigid forks and canti's in the late 90's?? The SAB was the only nod to modern times that they entertained. Everything else was 1980s technology and they got left behind. If they had adapted the Yo to discs and a decent length fork then they would still be going now- just like IF still sells bikes.

Has anyone got a red or silver (maybe even red AND silver) headset? A cheap one, no Hope or Chris King on my bikes. I thought I had one but seem to have been gazumpted by the poster who buys everything shiny.

Dr S":1bv1450n said:
clockworkgazz":1bv1450n said:

Fat went Tits up because the would not move with the times. Rigid forks and canti's in the late 90's?? The SAB was the only nod to modern times that they entertained. Everything else was 1980s technology and they got left behind. If they had adapted the Yo to discs and a decent length fork then they would still be going now- just like IF still sells bikes.

Good thread on fat cogs on this which explains my theory in more depth which I cannot really be arses paraphrasing but it would appear as if IF is going belly up too :(

Back