Customer leans his bike outside my shop..

Cristian-T

Retro Guru
i opened the door & said you cant leave that out there! alas, it was a roadbike, but sparkley new/orginal condition specialized Epic! with the original 105 group, with downtube shifters :cool:

he even had an original specialized helmet with the lycra cover! AND ronhill tracksters! (mind you-i never wanted those) but he defo looked the part :)

i asked where his matching Epic mountainbike was, said he didnt have one ;)

I once went to a shop and brought my 1990 Attitude inside. I went downstairs to the parts dept. When I came back up I said to the guy in a very worried way, "Where's my bike!!??" He said, "Oh, I put it back outside on the street. We don't like bikes in the shop." What's the word for that, dickwad? Never set foot in that shop again.

Pinguwin

pinguwin":3cqutue8 said:
I once went to a shop and brought my 1990 Attitude inside. I went downstairs to the parts dept. When I came back up I said to the guy in a very worried way, "Where's my bike!!??" He said, "Oh, I put it back outside on the street. We don't like bikes in the shop." What's the word for that, dickwad? Never set foot in that shop again.

Pinguwin

:shock: bet your face was a picture :twisted: What's wrong with taking the bike in? if i'm buying then its the best place to leave the bike. If i'm only looking(may be buying) then i ask. if they say no. then they lose a sale.
I take it your Klein was still out side :D

I am lucky enough to live where I never have to worry about locking my bike. My Kona has been left in my front garden every night for 12 years unlocked. I have even glued the keys into my Defender 90 to stop me from taking them out and losing them!

Up until recently I wasn't living on an island but on a lake in Northern Wisconsin. My bike would stay on my car all night or would be in a garage that was never locked. Nice to live in a place like that.

'guin

Same for me, if I can't go inside a "bikeshop" with one of my bikes I will spend my money somewhere else. Some store-employee's have no idea what value some bikes are, they only see an "oud hok (old shet?)" like twe say in Holland.

pinguwin":2z0c9ljr said:

Pinguwin

I actually became :evil: when I read that! Really f***s me off when w*****s like that show a complete lack of respect for you or your property. Aaaaarrrrgggh! Must have some camomile tea now!

Corduroyboy":285agzow said:
I actually became :evil: when I read that! Really f***s me off when w*****s like that show a complete lack of respect for you or your property. Aaaaarrrrgggh! Must have some camomile tea now!

And how much respect are you showing for their property by wheeling your bike in without asking if its ok first?

Just playing devils advocate here :twisted:

Back