Doing my first '100' in April

Work on your nutrition, see what works and what doesn't. Do you have a heart rate monitor? Start training at the right level. Try to get some group rides in, theres always a few pelotons forming and you can catch a wheel. Study the course profile.

kaiser":4s1fp3gj said:
Work on your nutrition, see what works and what doesn't. Do you have a heart rate monitor? Start training at the right level. Try to get some group rides in, theres always a few pelotons forming and you can catch a wheel. Study the course profile.

Get in a few longer rides, 60/70/80 miles, in the months leading up to it and I am sure you will be fine, (Tell Tony the roadie that you want to go long, and I am sure that will sort you out)

REKIBorter":2fnu0teg said:
A work colleague and I are entering our first '100' on April 3rd. Anyone have experience of doing these sort of things and what sort of training regime should we be doing?

Currently I am doing about 85 miles - 3 rides, a week at a steady pace on rolling terrain.

http://www.wheelsinwheels.com/rumble/ri ... event.html

let me have a quick think - might enter this with you.

i know quite a bit of that route too so if you fancy a trial run?

in fact looking at the map, we've covered a short section of this already:

http://www.wheelsinwheels.com/rumble/10 ... event.html

Skinny tyres pumped up hard...... Makes a world of difference.
Eat pasta in the 2-3 days prior to it and drink and snack constantly during.... Even if you are not hungry/ thirsty .... Wear 2 pairs of padded shorts to stop the mangina ;0)
You'll be fine

Taken the plunge and paid up for a place. Have 2 work colleagues doing it now. Tony the roadie thinks this is below his standard so isn't going to grace us with a view of him disappearing off into the distance.

LGF I have entered as team name - Alconbury Midnight Growlers / retrobike.co.uk - that should confuse the roadies. Will post a link to the ride in the Anglian rides section. Thank you all for your advice.

I might do this one, thanks for pointing it out.

I'll only do the 100k though, haven't done a 100m yet but that's planned for the Norwich 100 later in the year.

Hopefully have my retro ride ready for one if not both of them.

Have you got a heart rate monitor? I've found it very useful. Mine's
a Polar and on their site you can make a training scheme suited to
your age, fitness, the event you're focused on etc. One of the best things is it encourages you
to keep within a zone where you're exercising without overtaxing yourself.

In any case, the scheme includes a mix of short, intense climbs in a higher gear to build strength, long rides, and spinning (alternating between intense and less intense exertion). So you might want to consider including these in your training as well.

Johnny

Latest posts

Back