Manchester Velodrome Cycle Jumble - THIS SUNDAY

Just £60 for the bike after a bit of haggling. It's a 1992 Gitane XT, its a bit scruffy but is very tasty with Columbus tubing, Mavic 231CD rims and almost completely M735 XT in groupset. Really quite pleased with myself about this one, its not a keeper though, i'll strip it for parts and flog on the bits I don't want to cover my £60 ;)

Great day

Yep i was there ;)

Thanks to oldned who today made me a very happy man with my purchase from him ;) Also another true Retrobike gent.

I got some really great bits and pieces including some butterscotch wildgrippers and a ringle H20.

Cant wait for the next bike jumble!!

Well worth the trip for me too. Set myself a £50 limit but ended up borrowing another fiver off Sinnett, but could've easily spent a hell of a lot more.

Picked up a nice 1989 Deore rear mech, a Flite Trans Alpe, some XT M737 spuds, a new seatpost, a chainring, an SPD collar tool, puncture repair patches and an XT sharkfin. But I still keep finding stuff in my pockets too.

Plenty of really nice/interesting/grubby stuff to be had though. I got there well after the doors opened but there was still plenty of stuff to rummage through.

I had to give the two NOS XTR M950 chainsets a miss though.

drystonepaul":1hggb3eg said:
I had to give the two NOS XTR M950 chainsets a miss though.
If anyone wants those chainsets, contact Craig at Ride-On cycles Rawtenstall.

Sounds like you guys got some nice gear. I couldn't get down as i was out looking for a new motor. Anybody treated me to a gift ?? :LOL:

Sounds like it might be worth a trip up to the next ! I went to the Bristol bike jumble yesterday and I picked up was a pair of thumbs for £20 , the rest was modern and fixie stuff :?

I wish I could've stayed longer and spent more. I did have to walk away from a NOS Saracen seatpost with the 89-91 decal on it.

I just couldn't justify spending £10 on a part for my scruffy £16 Sahara.

I've suggested that maybe we put a display on next year, after all almost everybody there is looking for old parts for their old bikes.

Back