1991 Gary Fisher Mt Tam - updated 13/2/2011 - p3

Rio":2fda43jx said:
Very nice frame + parts! It's nice to see that people are so patient to search and collect parts for 1 or 2 years to compleet a build. I guess there's a learning curve for me in that :LOL:

Thanks! Those Fisher parts are very hard to find! So I had to wait nearly 2 years :cry:

off topic: is there one very enthousiastic Bart bidding on lots of retro parts on marktplaats.nl or is it a coincidence?

NO! That's not me! :oops: :oops:

Still in denial!

sq_root_of_2":1xot7d49 said:
I really like the bike and pink decals as pictured in the original photo above. Would you do it like that or don't you like it?

The decals on the bike are not pink, but sort of red.... They look pink in the catalogue!
I want to match the exact color: crystal azure! But it's hard to find the right color blue... :? :?

Nice collection of parts and i'm really looking forward to the development of this build. I do like the early fishers. :cool:

15f5fr5.gif

Today I decided which company will respray the frame. Got the headset out at a LBS, because I don't have the tools for a 1 1/4" headset. I will send the frame next week for the respray. It will go to http://www.specialpaintwork.nl/

I started allready at the bottom: the BB! ;)

This week the new bearings for the bottom bracket arrived. With the NOS Fisher 88 mm axle it will be as smooth as new!

On the old bracket one bearing was worn so had to get some new. Luckely the size was stamped on the bearings. A new one was easy to find!

Old 88mm pressed in BB:
GroteFoto-KAU7VTQA.jpg

NOS Fisher 88mm axle with new bearings:
GroteFoto-DTYRMHBK.jpg

GroteFoto-BFLY7F3C.jpg

Hope I can show you the newly sprayed frame very soon!

Looks good that BB! Do you have experiences with those guys for respraying? Are those prices for painting more or less what you can expect for a mtb frame?

Rio":3mthuxl5 said:
Do you have experiences with those guys for respraying? Are those prices for painting more or less what you can expect for a mtb frame?

No, I haven't. Just spoke to them on the phone and I think they know what the are doing. Also had a local (car)spray shop. But they could not sand blast the frame so I had to find someone who could sand blast the frame for me. It's difficult to sand blast a frame and BCP has experience with that.

Not sure what it will cost exactly. Will let you know when I get the bill....

Latest posts

Back