Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another bike site

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

I'm Matt from the Isle of Man.

Been MTBing for about 4-5 years now, always ridden more modern stuff until now. Sold up all my other bikes, going to focus on other stuff for a while.

Just bought myself an Orange Clockwork off ebay for not much money(not entirely sure what year, Ad says '92, people on here seem to think more like 89-90).

It's mainly going to be used as a commuter but I still want it to be nice, so I'll probably sink a bit more into it to bring it up to what I want. Will have to see what sort of shape it's in when it arrives.

Another new face

Hi All,

Thought the polite thing to do was say hello before doing anything else. Normally, I can be found on Singletrack World. Best to be upfront, the reason I'm here is that I have a 2001 Intense Tracer ball burnished medium that I've not used for a couple of years and didn't use an awful lot when I had it build up. I know that sounds awful but I had an Intense Uzzi at the same time so the Tracer was always my "spare" bike I'm a little ashamed to say.

Anyway, I don't know if it's something that will be of interest on here. How old does a bike need to be before it's considered retro anyway? Any comment or advice would be appreciated. If you don't mind, I'll have a little nose around and see what peoples thoughts are.

In a previous life, I did work in a well respected bike shop so I'm more than happy to offer help and advice where I can.

Hail to you, brothers of the bracket. My name's Eric, 39, from Belgium, and I raced back in the 90es, after falling head over heels for a '92 Marin Indian Fire trail. Broke it even though it was an accident and then got a Manitou Hardtail, got it stolen a few months after... Seriously endebted over it, I had to move to a Cannondale Super V 900 ( yellow, initially my wife's... ) and ended up with an annoying Sunn.
Life hit me back and I had to work harder and had no time for riding anymore. I bumped into your website, felt at ease immediately and would dream about building both an Indian Fire Trail in XT and a Manitou HT in XTR (both size 17) if I could find some help here...

Hi!

Hi!

I'm new to this site - I have just come into possession of a 1989 Raleigh Technium Heat and am on the search for info regarding this model. If you give me a little time, I'll post piccies and what info I do have to the pre 1997 forum.

Fabulous site, btw.

Matt

Hi!!
Found this site while looking for bits for my 1993 Cinder Cone........awesome awesome awesome - saw a pic of an AlpineStars Cro-Mega with e-stays, i forgot they even existed.
Rode & raced non stop as a teenager, then found pubs and stuff, now commuting and riding for a laugh.....getting to be the wrong shape these days though.
Anyway, enjoying the site for geekyness, and a smattering of misty eyed nostalgia and a good laugh. Well done y'all!!!

Great site - So many memories!
Used to race here in Norfolk back in about 91 - 95 ish when i was a lad!

Hi all,

Ive been a member for a few months now so thought it best to say hello. I'm a re-born biker after being advised to get back into the saddle by my Chiropractor.....and have been bitten by the 'tinkering' and 'pedaling' bug worse than ever :)

Like most others ive got stuff everywhere but my main passion is Marins, hence my username.

I hope to meet some members is person over time and sell some of the stuff i dont need !!

Fab site and a great sense of patriotism too :D

Ash.

Hey everyone!

My name is Hector and I'm from Los Angeles, Ca.

I stumbled upon this site a couple of weeks ago while searching for more info on my bike.

I have a '96 Pantera GT and everything besides the tires, seat, and chain (I just changed it today, lol) appear to be original.

I acquired it about 3 years ago and just recently dusted it off and began riding again.

I'd like to clean it up a bit and maybe upgrade a thing or two so hopefully you guys will point me in the right direction...

Thanks!

new arrival

:)
hi all, Lee from Leigh here,
had a bmx background as a youngster riding/stunting, building and swapping/trading bits and pieces with friends , i found mountain biking through a friend i made around 89 , i used to borrow a beat up steel monster to go out for rides ,meanwhile i got a job at a bike local bike shop and so bought my first mountain bike on drip ,it was a raleigh "Mirage" purple thing a £265 bag of shite to be frank ,i was 5ft 5 at the time so obviously i needed a 21" frame being a big man of 16 years :LOL: , it was a tough learning curve on a bike three sizes too big , try running for a bus in clown shoes you get the idea,
a couple of years later still at the same bike shop, raleigh dealer , i bought a black silver dynatech mission , great bike i loved it for real and {drum roll} it fit my size, 17.5" ,yes thats the frame i am not a leprechaun,
i started getting busy by this time out and about at least 3 times a week the odd race but mostly for fun and risks ,
i later ,92 i think, decided to crack the misson frame in the workshop where i worked using a two pieces of wood and a big monkey wrench , heaved on the back dropout until it went daang , lol , ..why ? i here you ask !
well the titanium dynatechs had come out and i set my mind on the mt4 frame set ,,,so,
i needed money for the old mission frame ,and a brand new replacement from raliegh is easier to sell (i know its naughty but i was on a YTS course doing 40hrs a week earning less than £40 for my labour of love, at 18yrs old you are getting creative or acceptting your slavery ! ).
so i sold the brand new mission frame for £200 and put the money down on the mt4.......... ,rode it , raced it , crashed it ,lived for the ride ,
then one day i had a brain wave aabout stripping it of its paint ,
so firstly i stripped it of all its parts, then in a flash i neglected the bike and the sporrt and turned into a party head instead (to this day i dont know how that happened, it just did)
so it has remained in that compromised naked state ever since , id say about 15 years would be a close estimate :shock: :shock: :shock:

so that brings us to the hear and now,
i found this site looking for info about decals for the dynatech mt4 ,
ive still not stripped it completely :LOL: ,but i have just ordered a m970 group so there is no backing out of the rebuild , i am gonna build this sucker to the best speck i can afford as a tribute to all those years of just scraping by as a poor boy . [que: violins] :LOL:

its nice to be here at retro bike , ive been prowling the forums for some weeks now and i can tell we have a genuine group of good soul's here ,so i look forward to contributing to the community.
il post some pics shortly and i have a few questions to ask if thats hunky dory with you's

best wishes to all
Lee

ps
wow thats a lotta long waffle for a first post ,well !, you asked how did i get here, there it is !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back