FRIENDLY BIKE SHOPS

So before someone else says it....halfords......my friend wanted to buy a bike a couple of weeks before crimbo,he spotted one he wanted asked if he could have a look....was told help himself,the bike was above head height and locked to a rack and the guy walked off,he pointed out it was locked to the stand amd the guy said its the wrong size for you anyway and then walked off.....he left :roll:

On the other hand john borwells in norwich is good,so is another shop whos name eludes me in norwich.....started in the mid 90s......but really helpful guys who actually ride as well........

since stuart males died about eight years ago we have had no great bike shops in my area :cry: :cry: :cry:

marin man":1cwg0if3 said:
So before someone else says it....halfords......my friend wanted to buy a bike a couple of weeks before crimbo,he spotted one he wanted asked if he could have a look....was told help himself,the bike was above head height and locked to a rack and the guy walked off,he pointed out it was locked to the stand amd the guy said its the wrong size for you anyway and then walked off.....he left :roll:

On the other hand john borwells in norwich is good,so is another shop whos name eludes me in norwich.....started in the mid 90s......but really helpful guys who actually ride as well........

since stuart males died about eight years ago we have had no great bike shops in my area :cry: :cry: :cry:

you rude git street life in lowestoft and norwich are both local and really helpful had to use them to helicoil my saddle clamp on my use sumo post no charge still gotta pop back in when i get home to say thanks as darrel in there is a legend

Bensherman":o9cs59e1 said:
The Green bike co have a shop in Halesowen as well, very helpful and Pete in there built up my Zaskar and didn't charge me labour cost's. I can't fault em.

Matt

Good to know. My sister lives there.

cannondale king":2e875qgc said:
marin man":2e875qgc said:

you rude git street life in lowestoft and norwich are both local and really helpful had to use them to helicoil my saddle clamp on my use sumo post no charge still gotta pop back in when i get home to say thanks as darrel in there is a legend

They are not local to me Dan my brother....they are miles away....one is even in suffolk for gods sake :p :p :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Rik's Bikeshed at Drumlanrig, always good to pop by after riding the trails. Good selection of kit and a font of trail and mechanical knowledge. Always seems to have time to listen to you and have a blether.

Willy Bains Bicycle repair in Glasgow, total gent of a guy, very helpful and free with his ken. Carries more spare parts than an out and out bike shop but worth contacting if you have a problem.

Bothy Bikes in Aviemore, some cool stuff and great with local trail info. A must if your in the area.

Back