2009 IronHorse MKIII Elite

BG

Retro Guru
I bought this last year as new old stock to replace my '98 Trek Y-33that while working just fine had developed some rather worrisome noises so I figured it was time for something newer as my off road bike of choice.

Pretty much as per specification except tyres (Maxis Rendez front and Crossmark rear) and grips (Ouri). So full XT gears and brakes with Truvativ Stylo cranks and Team seatpost, stem and bars, RockShox Revelation 426 dual air forks and Monarch rear shock, with DT Swiss wheels.

Rides great DW-Link is fantastic - just as all the reviews say. The only thing I've noticed is the rear tyre rubs on the non-drive chainstay when climbing - and it's only a 2.1.

I like it as it's not super modern looking a bit like a Turner (which is also a DW-Link bike) as the only bent tube is the downtube (even though it supposedly all hydroformed). And, it pays a bit of homage to the e-stay bikes of old (kind-a-sorta!)

Attachments

• p13-catalogue.jpg
    p13-catalogue.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 1,564
  • e-stay.jpg
    e-stay.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 1,563
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 1,564
Nice.
Check the back hub hasn't come loose, they're pretty prone to that.
The lower pivot bolts are also prone to coming loose. They have a 3mm head that strips easy. I've replaced mine with 4mm cleat bolts, which are a bit stronger.
Otherwise, they're an awesome bike.
IHtake2.jpg
Mine is looking a bit worse for wear after 4 years.

Back