1991 Wicked Fat Chance

The weather outside is frightful:
fat2.jpg

But the basement is so delightful:
fat3.jpg

And....so much for the song. I spent an hour or two this morning working on the Wicked!:
fat.jpg

I am kind of thinking given the red fork and white saddle maybe I should go with....pink housing!! Make myself a valentine's day bike.
Timing should be about right, and somehow I always want my Fats to have some rosy pink....

yeah go for it- pink is the new black dontyouknow.

That is a really nice basement, makes me even more determined to get a pink fat to go with my yellow Yo, they go so good together :cool:

yo-Nate-y":dol9fw41 said:
I am kind of thinking given the red fork and white saddle maybe I should go with....pink housing!! Make myself a valentine's day bike.
Timing should be about right, and somehow I always want my Fats to have some rosy pink....

Whoa...I'll have to see this :eek:

awesome basement!

Thanks---I'll do a basement pictorial one day. Tiny little room, but everything I need is close at hand :)

I spent another hour down there just now. Got to thinking about the build....

Lightweight: Mavic Crossmax, XTR 8 speed cassette, Real levers, Flite, ATAC, Titec bar, Svelte pedals, TiStix......

OR

Trad: XT 730/Sun Chinook wheels, XT M733 SLR two finger levers, Fat bar with Salsa stem, Turbo, 7 speed XT cassette, XT skewers.....

That'd be around a 4 pound difference. Then again I have the super light--my Yo is 21.5lbs. That, and I just spent an hour cleaning and rebuilding the XT wheelset's hubs. So I think I am feeling the trad!
...but maybe I'll still keep the Ringle skewers and Real levers in the build.....

I am really happy with the fork. Took a little longer than I'd hoped (Tom said he was laid out in Feb with a cold, and then...well, it took longer). But no worries---the thing is totally gorgeous!

IMG_2201.jpg

IMG_2207.jpg

IMG_2211.jpg

IMG_2203.jpg

IMG_2208.jpg

Now the only problem is a new crown race. I have the XT 730-series that came with the bike ...the crown race is pretty securely stuck on the Manitou 1 that was on it. Dang. So, I either need a new race, or a new headset. I have a Dura Ace 7400 on hand.....or I could pick up something new.... I just want to ride this Wicked before spring is done!

The Yo fork was a recent pick up (thanks!). I am finally going to get my black '91 back up and running with a fork in its original color. It's got an XC Pro race on it, and will be geting a mixed build. Stay tuned for that one :)

great looking fork. I have a park tool just for pulling stubborn races, if you are coming through, perhaps I can get that off for you...or have you tried a pro tool, already?

Back