Help to ID these Rockshox?

Daddy Pig

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all

I got these 2 pairs of forks and stem for £5 from the tip last weekend. They are obviously low end forks but will be fun just to tinker with if nothing else. I've only ever used elastomer forks in the past so have no idea what's inside these or how they work.

Can anyone tell me what model the Rockshox are (date stamp is 2002)? Any pointers/links to a manual would be great, and lastly, are the steerers replaceable? Any info will be gratefully received.......
main.php

ones on the left look like judy tt's

the others look like cappa's

steerers are fixed , tho you maybe could press them out

RockShox manuals for this era are on SRAM/Rockshox website.

Don't know much about this era but JUDY or JETT or whatever
But to pull them apart they're all similar I guess.
Undo bolt at the bottom of the legs ;)

RST next to them, have a lock out at the top, maybe quite modern...

Thanks Guys. Checked out Judy TT's and that seems to be them. Mikee, when you say 'maybe press them out', can you elaborate a little? Sometimes I'm a bit too keen to 'press things out' with a 3lb club hammer.........

tbh i wouldn't recommend it
but ... you can with a bit if engineering savy press steerers out
you'll need a 50 ton hydrulic press and some tooling to support the yoke

might be better off just buying a frame to accept the forks

Began taking the RST's apart tonight:

Removed both top caps - 1 has the spring assembly, the other a rod that turns the lockout on/off. Then removed 1 allen bolt from the lower leg (left leg spring/preload side).

Problem I now have - the other allen bolt just turns in the leg and I can't remove the sliders from the lower legs.... :?
I'm obviously doing something wrong - can anyone tell me what?

What you have to do is to put the insides back in the leg in question,then compress them real hard while undoing the allen bolt......problem should be solved ;)

steerer is not replacable. you may be able to press out the old one but you will never get a new one in unless you have access to liquid nitrogen and do a cold press.

Back