Kona's page

16 inch 1991 Kona Explosif resprayed by me.

konapicture2010045.jpg

konapicture2010048.jpg

konapicture2010051.jpg

konapicture2010046.jpg

Re: my first proper race bike

ernie":3q0fqhkl said:
sinnerman":3q0fqhkl said:
..my first ever mountain bike i raced (when i was only 14), was this (tbg) kona cindercone, here are some pics of it now refinished, and passed onto my son who is now also 14.

the first pic..where is that..?
Ernie ;)

looks like plymouth hoe to me, ive worked at those aerials in the background next to the golf course (staddon heights)

kirbdug :D

Re: my first proper race bike

kirbdug":1nh760zf said:
ernie":1nh760zf said:
sinnerman":1nh760zf said:
..my first ever mountain bike i raced (when i was only 14), was this (tbg) kona cindercone, here are some pics of it now refinished, and passed onto my son who is now also 14.

the first pic..where is that..?
Ernie ;)

looks like plymouth hoe to me, ive worked at those aerials in the background next to the golf course (staddon heights)

kirbdug :D

smeatons tower and staddon heights in the background ..thought so ;)

Im so happy to see so many lovely old Kona's still being put to good use and being cherished at the same time. I hope I still see them on the trails when im 50+ !

I particularly love the rasta s/s Hot, a couple of the Hei Hei, and the £10 Hahana! Considering its a budget bike, it looks so right.

Mine are currently a work in progress, but I nearlly have everything needed to build one up so watch this space...

cave3.jpg

cave8.jpg

KIS

LeeDevelopment":240hg8rj said:
Those Explosifs are screaming to be built up there!

Looks like ive finally got a wheelset coming so one will be put together very soon!

Two Kona's currently in my possession:

Attachments

• Kona AA 2_web.jpg
    Kona AA 2_web.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 4,044
  • Kona Explosif 2.jpg
    Kona Explosif 2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 4,043
KeepItSteel":y8ugslnp said:
Im so happy to see so many lovely old Kona's still being put to good use and being cherished at the same time. I hope I still see them on the trails when im 50+ !

I particularly love the rasta s/s Hot, a couple of the Hei Hei, and the £10 Hahana! Considering its a budget bike, it looks so right.

Mine are currently a work in progress, but I nearlly have everything needed to build one up so watch this space...

cave3.jpg

cave8.jpg

KIS

little gold mine there bud..you wouldnt have an old 17/18"frame gathering dust in the corner ;)

Ernie ;)

ernie":15s3ekyt said:
KeepItSteel":15s3ekyt said:

cave3.jpg

cave8.jpg

KIS

little gold mine there bud..you wouldnt have an old 17/18"frame gathering dust in the corner ;)

Ernie ;)

Ernie mate , Jamie is a big frame guy ;) ;) ;) ;)

Back