colnago

There is another up, but price point is ridiculous and colour not as nice ...imo

There was a Pina from MaxOR for sale, but I see it already gone :cry:

Maybe this softens the pain :)

There's no way that's genuine - look at the welds round the headtube. Ernesto would be attacking people with a brazing torch if they let something like that out of the factory...

Thats a weirdo thing. As said, the welds are bad, and no signs of the 'cloverleaf'. Strangley Colnago-esque straight forks but thats no guarantee that its gen. The geometry is weird too. As are the decals.
I reckon 95% that this is an attempt to fleece someone.
Its probably worth £150 or so.

Yes, you're right the welds are very poor.

Not much doubt on whether it is a real one though. There is another, similar one up now. Called 'Maxim'. Apparently they made (or sourced out) some runs of poorly finished mountainbikes. Never were of the opinion Colnago was always serious on build quality.

Yip, my 5% suspicions are confirmed. I have always thought that their 'beautiful hand painted' frames were in fact pretty badly painted and the masking of the figures or lettering suspect - particularly the 'decor' and fancy artwork frames. Thats why I got my C50 in boring naked black carbon with clearcoted decals and no poncy airbrushing.
Ho ho ho!

Back