hello southwesters!!

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
hey guys,

incase you haven't noticed i am now the new AEC :shock: :D the reason i have been promoted is mainly that Heathy is such a busy chap these days with his new business that he feels he can't give his time to organising us lot! don't blame him really we are a motley crew!! :LOL: he will however be staying on as deputy and as an extra we have Makster joining us as deputy aswel! so thanks to Heathy for last year and thanks to Makster for joining us!

so i just thought i'd try and let you guys know what my plans are for the future

1st of all i'm gonna start looking around the various threads in the other areas for some ideas, but also i am gonna try and tidy up the irrellavent threads, and deleting old stuff, we don't need to see threads from organising the meets once they have happened, especially if they are ages old but if there is useful info in there it will be moved to a suitable thread, useful info being addresses for ride meets etc.

so over the next few weeks (i have 2 weeks off starting saturday) the threads i will start will be something along these lines:-

show us who you are---- faces to names etc and rollcall for the area
ride meet details----addresses and postcodes for regular meets
aftermath archive----speaks for itself
southwest pics---pics of your southwest rides

as far as rides go for the area, i know i want to ride in more places this year, and there are also meets in other areas i want to go to. also i want to start throwing some dates out for meets in the future, far enough in advance that people should have plenty of time to get "wifeports" etc!! :LOL:

basically i'll do our own little mini calender but i will do my best to make sure they don't clash with other events, especially national events unless they are at the other end of the country or something.

also i want to hear your ideas, where do you ride? could it spawn a good meet?

what about exmoor or the quantocks? i haven't ridden there but would like to is that near YOU? could you show us a route 20-25miles?

so please get involved! come to the rides!! especially if you haven't been before! we don't bite!! :shock: and we only go as fast as the slowest rider which i admit that on occasion has been me!!! :x

cheers for reading and i look forward to seeing you all on the rides!! :D :D

Jon :D

p.s all comments welcome, well almost all ;)

I want to get out more this year, so if I can help more let me know ;) ;)

you are in the right area!! sort out a good route and we'll get something sorted!! it's pretty flat here in hampshire so something with ahill or 2 would be good!! :D

Been on one retro meet and was up at woodbury common was a good ride, the guys made route up whole we were there. Was good fun.

I am very unfit and on that ride held everyone up but they waited for me, but hope to get fitter this year :oops: :oops:

Hi Jonnyboy

Welcome to SW :cool: Quatocks are great, not my area but I know a few rb riders who do, I will get hold of them and see if we can set something in the next few months, Im in Bristol and also know a few people who maybe able to sort some rides in ashton court and Leigh woods as well as goblin coombe

Im really looking forward to this year

hi jonnyboy

hope to do some more retrobike rides this year

hoping to do mountain mayhem this year (maybe a sw team)

cheers kirbdug :D

kirbdug":ej7qxriu said:
hi jonnyboy

hope to do some more retrobike rides this year

hoping to do mountain mayhem this year (maybe a sw team)

cheers kirbdug :D

mayhem is gonna be a definate, there will definitely be a 10 man team, i will be in it. i prefer the 10 man as it makes the whole weekend more social as opposed to being battered every 3 hours!! :LOL: but i think 5 have agreed from last years team to be in a team again but if there is enough interest nationally we will try for 2 teams. the problem with last years was initially loads of people said they'd do it then we struggled for 1 team

thanks for the responses so far, when i'm off next week i'll start looking at dates for events, i think the best thing to do is sort some dates that don't clash with other events then decide on the destination. i'd really like to go down to the west country, mainly because i feel we don't get down there much, there or bristol/bath way. the new forest is pretty boring, nice area but flat :(

Be nice to see some of the rides mapped also for those of us who don't get wifeports for the day lol!

I would also like to get out a bit more this year.
Go over to the Quantocks a bit to scare myself and also done a couple of rides around Bridport.

Sign me up!

Back