1st 98+ botm nomintaions please

Status
Not open for further replies.
JeRkY":2zp2lxyj said:
Yup.

Rigid, Flite & maguras. Floats my boat as a modern retro. As apposed to Shamus' Tracer which falls foul of my earlier comment on not really wanting to look at stuff that can be replicated (or bettered...the cranks have scratches on them!) through the use of CRC and a credit card. Nice bike though, do STW have a BOTM type thread?

:LOL: I'm the opposite, I do love the Groovy, everything about it is very cool. Is just not what I would want from a modern bike.

BTW would the Groovy be the first to win BOTM and ModBOTM?

It did win BOTM didn't it?

kaiser":2gchwkh5 said:
BTW would the Groovy be the first to win BOTM and ModBOTM?

It did win BOTM didn't it?

Don't think it ever won......but not sure either..... don't have "botm winner" under my name ..... so guess not :roll:
Think it's too modern for BOTM and too retro for ModBOTM :D
Don't really bother, I love this bike

bollox...I like the Ibis :oops: but out of principle (and I like it more) the Groovy is in the lead for me)

Fudd":11vu0kli said:
I was going to enter my RC300 but as we already have one of those I'll save it for later ;)

Instead I'll enter this. My plastic fantastic cheque book special, 2009 Ibis Mojo SL.

20100622-P1000377.jpg

Most likely the prettiest matte black bike ever seen by me......said by someone who dislikes suspension and plastic in any form :D
That bike is cool :cool:

Fudd":2xtrm5m8 said:
I was going to enter my RC300 but as we already have one of those I'll save it for later ;)

Instead I'll enter this. My plastic fantastic cheque book special, 2009 Ibis Mojo SL.

20100622-P1000377.jpg

Oh My God Fudd !!!, while you were getting your camera ready someone has attached a cheap looking tool bag to the back of your Ibis!! :oops:

Sacrilage of the highest order!, hunt him down and kill him slowly ! ;)

marin man":wkg52gz5 said:
ajantom":wkg52gz5 said:
Just got back from a late afternoon/night ride on this, and took some photos. So serendipity says I should enter it ;)

Global Ti Softail.....
.....with USE SUB forks, Use/Mavic front wheel, Hope XC rear, Hope Open 2 brakes, Hope stem, Middleburn RS7s, Royce BB, Brooks Pro saddle.

Like this,It reminds me of spring heeled jack :cool:

Is that the Velocette works bike or the mythical Victorian criminal? :p

Which bit of the bike needs to be post 1998? I like to make a hotch potch of eras.

Frame I'm guessing as that is essentially the bike.

CalaisWoodBurner":1fd07pxr said:
Oh My God Fudd !!!, while you were getting your camera ready someone has attached a cheap looking tool bag to the back of your Ibis!! :oops:

I have other pics with a crud catcher attached too :oops:

The stand out entries for me so far are the RC300 (obviously), the Salsa, the Intense and the Groovy. Unfortunately with the Groovy, everytime I look at it I keep getting distracted by the BMX style chainring. The Intense on the other hand is close to perfection. Only the silver spokes and not black ones let it down so thats where my vote will probably go, pending new entries. Nice work Shamus :cool: .

Fudd":2peepn6f said:
CalaisWoodBurner":2peepn6f said:

I have other pics with a crud catcher attached too :oops:

Unfortunately with the Groovy, everytime I look at it I keep getting distracted by the BMX style chainring.
) .

It's like Cindy Crawford and her wart - beautiful despite it? or beautiful because of it? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back