1998 Intense Uzzi Sl restored

Never been a fan of Intense but i quit like that, nice colours too and looks like its going to be a great build.

I just purchased a '98 SL frame. Fitting it with Shimano's new DynaSys drive train. After reading many reviews can't wait to get it going!

Great job on the paint finish on that Uzzi, WOW. Shame not to ride it though.

Ands @ slope, it is not all bad, you resurrected a beautiful thread. And it is easy enough to use the edit function and "unspam" your message, write a nice compliment on the Uzzi instead.

Enjoy!!

camo uzzi

hi i brought the uzzi off you then sold it two yrs later then my mrs found it for sale on the internet and she brought it back, she gave it me for my birthday yesterday, reallt love this bike.

UPDATE! Some photos of the complete build. And the abstract of the delayed rebuild story

Started with this a few years ago, wanted to make it a modern everyday rider

But when I painted the frame and put on the decals, decided it was too nice for a simple mismatched build

So I took inspiration from my DH-rig the M1; this Uzzi was destined to become the 'little brother'

Started off with a Judy XL, double crown. (on the M1 a Boxxer). From this point I also got an 2001 Intense Tracer.
That became the everyday rider and this project turned into hanging wall art

But recently I bought this set of Hope wheels and C2 brakes from a friend. (vs M1's Hope M4's).
That got me building again, because it just brought in another 'theme' next to the little brother thing.

So some more little brother style: XT drivetrain, where the M1 runs XTR

But then: Middleburn Cranks, Ritchey Rims, Specialized Tires to keep it all...... 'Anglophone'
Nothing special for you maybe, but for euro mainlanders it is.

All Anglophone in the cockpit area too.

Well and here is the complete picture then!

It's a great ride too, Drivetrain, Brakes, Suspension, all the components are dated but basically just good reliable stuff
(not like the odd parts that were cool and ahead of their time when invented but actually never really worked, you know what I mean).

But, because in the mean time the younger Intense Tracer came along, this bike will be kept for the serene gentle rides.

Back