The Yanks must be joking

:D Welcome 'bagpipes' I've visited your country/state very nice place. If a little in too Royal family for my taste.

Having lived in the states for a bit i'm not going to get into the US bashing as I know it's only a bit of fun but can be quite insulting..

However, this quote from one of the NFL players from the weekend did make me laugh.

"I couldn't find London on a map if they didn't have the names of the countries. I swear to God. I don't know what nothing is. I know Italy looks like a boot. I know (Washington Redskins linebacker) London Fletcher. We did a football camp together. So I know him. That's the closest thing I know to London. He's black, so I'm sure he's not from London. I'm sure that's a coincidental name."
Miami Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder ahead of the clash with the New York Giants at Wembley.

To say that all Americans are stupid with Fat children is like saying all British people are Vicki Pollard/wayne slob.

yeah, but....no, but......yeah, but no........errrr

get me coat :LOL:

I have some good friends from USA, one of which is a Cardinals fan. Pretty fair to say there is equal abuse given and taken on both sides of the pond :LOL: Always gives us something to talk about.

Hilts":mtixdvuz said:
To say that all Americans are stupid with Fat children is like saying all British people are Vicki Pollard/wayne slob.

Nope, just most................
I have to say that the American folk I've known personally or on web forums and such are jolly nice people- like most things, its probably the idiots that get most publicity.

Yep when i was last in the states the things they said about the English. Different about us than the Scots/Welsh and Irish. Who were spoken about in a much nicer way than the 'snobbish' English :LOL:

It's from my side not meant to be insulting, I have relatives in the USA and also Canada btw. It is more fun.
Somtimes sad, if to know most us citizens don't know the rest of the world.

I flew to the USA once, still a beautiful country, and was sitting in the airplane next to an older woman. I was alone and she asked me where I was from. I said, I'm from Holland. Well most americans I spoke, immediately heard bells and though about: smoking, drugs, Amsterdam, red light district, and sometimes cheese, windmills and wooden shoes.
But no this woman smiled and said, oh yes, I love Kopenhagen. :LOL:

I dind't know what to say.

But no this woman smiled and said, oh yes, I love Kopenhagen
- Classic

The doorman from my building came up to me after about a week of living there and said 'I've worked out where you're from', I said 'oh yes, where would that be'...he said 'G'day mate' and looked at me expectantly..

After a further 10 minutes of him accusing me of being anything from South African to Swedish I put him out of his misery.. his response was 'English eh, like the queen', and walked off...

I see I've provoked some humour and rib poking. I must admit, I sent this link to my close friend in California as he has been known to make web posts about the Canucks to the north. He didn't bite.

Let me firmly say that my comments were about the stereotype, of which, Canada certainly has many (all French) lol.

One thing I can truly say about stereotypes from around the planet; nobody and I mean nobody is better at laughing at themselves than the Brits. I come from a long British background and spend all of my vacation time there and you people are masters at handing out insults and taking them back just as well. My Father always taught me, "yi canny laugh at anubdy 'til yi learn to laugh at yirsel wi that big nose on yir mug ........... now away and geez peace"

(I know you'll read this Dave, now go get some KFC for the kids and wipe your greasy fingers on your shirt. lol)

bagpipes":1mcczob7 said:
Let me firmly say that my comments were about the stereotype, of which, Canada certainly has many (all French) lol.
lol)

Now your talking the English and the French second only to the Germans for having a laugh at. Forget taking the piss at the Americans when we have the French & Germans. The list of targets for us is endless :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: As individual they are nice people. But thats so 'pc' correctness and boring. Life is about having a laugh and not taking it too serious because in the end we are all going to die.

Back