1994 Grisley Mega 20

Interesting comments below. Perhaps the company has reinvented itself recently since they've been the bike supplier for a few ProTour teams over the past decade. They supplied Liberty Seguros-Wurth when Roberto Heras won (doped) the Vuelta in 2005 and after that team folded in the ensuing scandal they switched to AG2R.

Interestingly although the BH website says they're still the team's bike supplier, the AG2R website has Kuoto bikes all over the place, so I don't know if BH are in the ProTour this season.

lamparito":t11tn4ia said:
grisley bikes belonged to BH bikes from Vitoria, Spain a traditional bike manufacturer here (not high spec or custom bikes, just that they were building the bikes that everybody was riding for generations here... road, "bmx", cruisers, mtb... you name it and there was a bh there)
During the mid 90s they hired Peter Grisley from USA, who was supposed to design the frames and put his name on them, and the flag too...but the brand behind was BH. I think they did this for marketing reasons.

At some point not after their foundation they tried to sell Grisley bikes in USA and several other countries apart from Spain (that was their main market) in Europe, so yours belong to that era... i lost track of the brand but it was discontinued as the mega tubes altough shocking and spectacular did not provide a good compromise between rigidity and weight.... they did not use light butted alu so they were pretty rigid but not light at all. It was just that alu was popular when compared to Chromoly for the mass market by then and its look with those big tubes helped the sales

They were popular here in Spain for a few years but obviously not looked as a premium brand, just solid mid range bikes for the mass market.

I think that during 1995 they had the best two national riders on their bikes (Manuel Martinez Costa & Juan Carlos Garro) that had a good season on them

As i say you will not break the bike, they are solid!

If you want more info check the net for it, just look for "bicicletas grisley BH" or something like that, or get registered in www.bicisclasicas.com and post a question about it (do in in English no worries)

Hey Stewlewis!

I'm looking for one Grisley just like yours (that model and colour). It was my first bike.
Do you still have the Grisley? Are you planning to sell it?

Best regards
Alexandro
Portugal

Grisley Mega 20

Hey Stewlewis!

I'm looking for one Grisley just like yours (that model and colour). It was my first bike.
Do you still have the Grisley? Are you planning to sell it?

Best regards
Alexandro
Portugal

i thought they were really cool bitd. not overly keen now but good that it is largely original though.

Aluminum is the correct spelling too! Both are correct, actually, Aluminium (UK) Aluminum (US). Caloi bikes where market targeting the US so therefore it's correct!

Now that's some serious oversized tubes, mate!

orange71":hamootig said:
I'm pretty sure we used to sell these at Wheelbase in Staveley, Cumbria when I was working there in 1995 - all ours were red though.

My dad almost bought a red one from a catalogue shop, Littlewoods or somewhere like that, some time around 1994 or 1995.

It maybe a rare bare alloy model in the UK, but I've PM'ed Alexandro and it may be finding a new home in Portugal. It'd be nice for someone to get their first bike again.

I remember this bike, they used to be sold along side peugeot bikes I had an old Tim Gould bike at the time! Im sure someone told me they had something to do with peugeot

Back