Dunkers big bad build thread

velomaniac":17qbxhxo said:
It does sport my by now signature ghost ring tensioning ...
I'm probably going to ghost ring as well - 24T chainring is 51g versus 87g for the tensioner. Is it robust enough for off-road duties? Seems stable enough bouncing the back wheel up and down in the basement, only problem I can see is it hitting the chainstay.

zigzag":1ta0mqai said:
velomaniac":1ta0mqai said:
It does sport my by now signature ghost ring tensioning ...
I'm probably going to ghost ring as well - 24T chainring is 51g versus 87g for the tensioner. Is it robust enough for off-road duties? Seems stable enough bouncing the back wheel up and down in the basement, only problem I can see is it hitting the chainstay.

Thats where granny ring ratios will help, brings the chainline in and increases chainstay clearance.

kaiser":18hgqfgy said:
Thats where granny ring ratios will help, brings the chainline in and increases chainstay clearance.
:idea:
I wish the wee chainring up front didn't look so bad.

zigzag":1wabhdne said:
kaiser":1wabhdne said:
:idea:
I wish the wee chainring up front didn't look so bad.

Aye it does look quite feeble. I can't help but shake my head and 'pffft' when I see it :twisted:

I'm using 24T : 15T with a 74mm BCD inner chainring on a 110mm BB axle. Result inner ring a gnats whisker (1-2mm) from chainstay but allows a 32T ghost ring with oodles of clearance and adjustability. If you've got the chainline as straight as possible and your ghost rings got long enough teeth without shifting teeth/ramps then provided you have enough tension the ring will not come out. I used the system at Strathpuffer Lite, 4 laps on rough rocky terrain and not once did it come loose.

Front ring may look naff but ghost ring is sooooooper smart :cool:

They do look cool I agree. I am just waiting on my Ritchie grips and I will be all done- had a bit of fun with some decals tonight damn the extra weight!

so is anyone able to pick up big eck for dunkers? (he has no transport) If no-one from the east can do it, I will but it does really add a big detour so in an ideal world.....

clockworkgazz":vqjfqgem said:
so is anyone able to pick up big eck for dunkers? (he has no transport) If no-one from the east can do it, I will but it does really add a big detour so in an ideal world.....

Im also looking for transport.Meant to say earlier :oops:

If I have my car up and running by then I should be able to help out. Depending on borrowing a bike rack that takes more than one bike.

Back