1991 Wicked Fat Chance

yo-Nate-y

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
wicked.jpg

This one is going to take some work!
Arrived today---despite nice instructions to the seller/shipper and an otherwise conscientious packing job, he left the front wheel axle bumped up on the downtube :evil:

A bit of seat tube rust, but doesn't look like it has propagated too far. Currently doused in PB Blaster, and I'll polish and sand that shit out when I get the chance.

The XT parts are in pretty good shape, but I think I am going to swap out a few for some things I have that are in better shape.

Updates to come......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPKstHYnVR0

I like it! I'd lose the shock and find a wicked fork though. The head tube angle is so slack to begin w/ that i think it would ride kind of funny w/ that.

I've got a wicked that I'm waiting to bring to be resprayed once my monster and slim are done and ready to be picked up.

I put in an order today with Tom Teesdale for a fillet brazed, 1" threaded, 1.75" rake, 394mm fork in bright red, with eyelets and lowrider rack mounts :)

You wont regret riding the Fat rigid. Have good memories on the Wicked, also this size.

Lokking forward for the update with forks.

Cheers,
Martin

Some part choices:

black seat pin, black Ringle camtwists, maybe black SG rings, black wall Smoke/Dart, and switching to a XT hub/high polish Sun Chinook wheelset, silver Real levers, Ourys or Odi Attack grips, XT low-profile pedals with fluoro yellow straps.

Here's the seatpost and saddle :)

photo-1.jpg

Back