1989 Trek 1500 - First Road Bike!

mepenete

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Over the past few months, I've become so enthralled about riding. A lot of it has to with this forum, giving me valuable and exciting information about my 92 Alpinestars Cromega LX.

Now that I've been riding more, I wanted to pick up a nice commuter bike and go exploring all the beautiful places near me. After looking for a while, I was lucky enough to find this beaut:

1989 Trek 1500

The image quality isn't the best, but the bike is in fantastic condition.

The guy I bought it from a retired professor from my school and has had this bike in his garage for several years. The tires were shot and I bought new tires + tubes to be safe. This bike was important to him and he was reluctant to sell it to me, but in the end he decided it was going to good hands.

Needless to say, I was incredibly excited. I've never owned a road bike before and this was definitely more than I was expecting. It's in fantastic condition with only a few scratches on the frame. There's no discoloration or rust and it rides like a champion. Just wanted to share my excitement with people who can relate :) Here begins a wonderful friendship between man and bike.

Back