Has anyone tried the charge splashback amberwall tyre?

might be wrong but i think drystonepaul did a bit about them
month or so ago

Nope not me. I think I may have mentioned them in a thread about modern amberwalls, but I haven't tried any yet.

I have got a set of amberwall Halo Twin Rails which are nice for the road and non technical riding but no tread for proper off roading.

Looks like I'm gonna be the guinea pig then :LOL:

Had an eye on these for a while & finally decided to order a pair of 1.8's tonight

I'll let you know how I get on with them.

ajantom":2k7q5rfc said:
Nice - but £30 per tyre :?
Unfortunately it's the going rate for a decent modern folding tyre there days, Schwalbe are pricey too as are a lot of higher quality tyres

Some retro tyres go for even sillier money, so it's all relative I guess

You can get £5 off £50+ spend @ wiggle if you sign up for their newsletter you get a voucher (also if you change your preferences for the newsletter you get a £5 off £50+ voucher)

I know £30ish is the full price for a modern folding tyre, but if you're willing to buy last years model (as I just did) you can get decent 2.1" Kevlar WTB tyres for under £9 each at CRC.

As much as I like the idea of some nice new amberwall tyres - £30 for the pleasure is too steep for me.

ajantom":1u5p78de said:
I know £30ish is the full price for a modern folding tyre, but if you're willing to buy last years model (as I just did) you can get decent 2.1" Kevlar WTB tyres for under £9 each at CRC.

As much as I like the idea of some nice new amberwall tyres - £30 for the pleasure is too steep for me.
Yup plenty of decent tyres reduced in the sales, as I suspect these tyres may be later in the year lol

Bad timing on my part as my build needs tyres and I didn't find any I liked the look of as much as these, penalty you pay for early adoption of a new product I guess

Back