Dunkers big bad build thread

mikee":7jxtxbwl said:
you joining us uncle si ?

get on with it then and get some pics up

oh yes. I have just drilled out a NOS Mavic wishbone shifter :twisted:

I'm going 1x8. I just need to get some cranks, a bunch of Ti bolts and a cassette sorted, everything else is coming out of the shed. I'm going to make some mech cages out of carbon sheet this week if I get time.

Si

nice one Si, we should meet up before for a breakfast somewhere on route and remember to practice your best rock god pose :cool:

I've just done a bit of research on the internet and realised that the pedals I want to use are 700g for the pair. Instantly killing the saving made elsewhere on the bike. Is there a prize for biggest failure of a weenie?

Dr S":2cpvxbkg said:
mikee":2cpvxbkg said:
you joining us uncle si ?

get on with it then and get some pics up

oh yes. I have just drilled out a NOS Mavic wishbone shifter :twisted:

I'm going 1x8. I just need to get some cranks, a bunch of Ti bolts and a cassette sorted, everything else is coming out of the shed. I'm going to make some mech cages out of carbon sheet this week if I get time.

Si

get the mill fired up

Finally built mine, have not weighed it but I'm aiming for heaviest bike or at least heaviest single speed :LOL:

Photo's might follow if I can get a picture that reflects the true pink horror.
In artificial light in seems dull red, in natural light its ultra dark pink almost glowing with a slight fade pattern :cool: Oh and heavily patina'd(battered) as per usual.

It does sport my by now signature ghost ring tensioning with a rather low 1.6:1 ratio but I do like a spinnier SS than most. Keeping canti braked for the sake of retro but as it'll be for my SS races it'll get a front disc later.

nice one velo looking forward to seeing it, we should meet up early enough to get a go on each others creations help us with our choices :D

Back