UK's driving up the price of retro check this out

Two lessons come out of this for me, don't put a ridiculous bid in to make sure you win an auction that ends overnight, and suddenly everybody has got a set of the parts that you need when you've just paid rather too much for something you've been looking for without success for a long time! :oops:

You live and learn!

I'd understand if it was a really hard to find part, wtb/chris king headset or similiar.. but 231rims?

How much were these new, like £18 a rim? That's a 7 fold increase; these badgers are a better investment than property! :LOL:

Good job I didnt go down the dump yesterday as I have had a 231CD rim sat in the back of my Landrover for ages, I was going to chuck it as I didnt think it was worth doing anything with given the price of a new rim/hub ready built from chain reaction.

I don't think this means much of anything. Freak sale that won't be repeated. Not sure why it happens, but the next sale will be < $100.

Pinguwin

P.S. I heard some alarming yelling last night. I'm from the same city as the seller, turns out it was just him whooping and hollering in celebration. Nothing to see here, move along.

The world of Art works like this:
I pay a million too much for a 2 million $ McKloogin painting.
Why because I have two other of his paintings. The going rate for McKloogins is now 3 million.
I have invested 7 million but now have 9 million in assets.
(Now to get my chissel and get that Banksy off that bridge)

Back