Saronni

madhuri

Retro Newbie
Can anyone tell me if there is a market for a Saronni (circa 198:cool:, small frame with Campagnolo components throughout; Ambrosio Italian rims?? I want to sell from New Zealand and have no idea if there is a market for this sort of thing or price range.

it very much depends on which saronni as 3 diferent versions were made
1 made by colnago out of slx tubing,colnago lugs,bottom bracket etc but had saronni stamped into seat stays and colnago decals- essentialy built to commemorate saronnis 82 world champs win
2 saronni built by colnago using aelle tubing with saronni "s" lugs and decals- essentially a cheap colnago as even then ernesto thought they were getting on the expensive side and its taken 25 years before he thought that the far east could do stuff good enough to put his name two it
3 sarroni bulit by technotrat(who i think now do bernardi frames)plain gauge no brand tubing with plain lugs and sarroni decals.
try contacting isai@colnago.com he is there archivist may be able to help if you give him a frame no
be aware when the factory moved lots of the old records were lost(burnt!!!!) and lots of stuff is done from memory so include some pics could help
i have owned both 1 and 2 and both ride like colnagos and esp the sarroni is quite rare comparable with the colnago super of the same era
value wise about the same price as a super
guesstimate £150-200 gbp for the frame
£350-500 for the complete bike
mind you did recently see one of the gold plated mexicos go for £10000!!!!!!!
at the end of the day its only worth what someone is prepared to pay and if there valuation matches or exceeds yours
hope this helps
cheers
tony

You've got some very good advice/background above and the pricing sounds spot on.

I bought the frame, forks, headset and b/b pictured here for £130 http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ht=colnago (note: it's a freshly resprayed Saronni SLX - no 1 above - badged up as a Colnago)

I'd say keep your bike unless you really, really need the money or the space otherwise regret will only follow later.

Here's some photos. Frame size is 51cm from centre of cranks to start of seat post. I don't know which model of Saronni it is...

Attachments

• Saronni Oct 2007 001r.jpg
    Saronni Oct 2007 001r.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 6,218
  • Saronni Oct 2007 002r.jpg
    Saronni Oct 2007 002r.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 6,217
  • Saronni Oct 2007 003r.jpg
    Saronni Oct 2007 003r.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 6,217
Not sure if my photos loaded so here they are again just in case...

Attachments

• Saronni Oct 2007 001r.jpg
    Saronni Oct 2007 001r.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 6,214
  • Saronni Oct 2007 002r.jpg
    Saronni Oct 2007 002r.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 6,213
  • Saronni Oct 2007 003r.jpg
    Saronni Oct 2007 003r.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 6,213
I would keep it if I were you. Very tasty. About 3 inches too small for me though or I would go for it myself.
It has a kind of 'old-racer' look about it that would make kids laugh, but its going to be nice to ride and not much heavier than an aluminium ball-rattler.
These things dont go for much on ebay, and its bandit territory anyway so keep posting it on these kind of sites (CTC, bikeradar etc) and you should get a more pleasant transaction.
All the best.

Latest posts

Back