New Year Baiku (pic heavy)

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
01/01/11.

I can see clearly now the wine has gone. But I can't quite see all obstacles in my way. 1 mile in, tread in dog sh*t. Smell terrible. Turns out, sh*t origin - human. :( Try and not let the little things get in the way of the big things and ride not sniff. Sun folds back a grey skyscape to reveal nature wearing her best sky blue ceiling. Vapour trails and little fluffy clouds. No trains. No cars. No people. Just me and my bike. Fresh air is nature's blessing. Short loop becomes longer. Balance restored. Wilderness mojo. Ice gone. Mud remains. Tarmac calls. Homemade soup calls. The best ride of my life (ignoring the hour cleaning shoes afterwards)

:D

Attachments

• Bench.jpg
    Bench.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,721
  • Gloop.jpg
    Gloop.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,720
  • Frame.jpg
    Frame.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,719
  • Hills2.jpg
    Hills2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,718
more pics...

Attachments

• Bridge.jpg
    Bridge.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,717
  • Castle.jpg
    Castle.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,716
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 1,715
  • Flash.jpg
    Flash.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,713
more pics...

Attachments

• River.jpg
    River.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,710
  • Wheel.jpg
    Wheel.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,708
  • Wall.jpg
    Wall.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 1,707
  • Shadow2.jpg
    Shadow2.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 1,657
more pics...

Attachments

• Tracks.jpg
    Tracks.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 1,703
  • Thatch.jpg
    Thatch.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,702
  • Shadow1.jpg
    Shadow1.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 1,701
  • Wall2.jpg
    Wall2.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,699
Very nice pics - presume the 2nd Small bridge is the one at Amberley on the SDW. Very nice bike as well which has just reminded me I bought a CX bike before Christmas and haven't actually used it yet.

Looks like the weather was kind and thats always a good thing on new years day.

DA-EVO":3eblvzvr said:
Very nice pics - presume the 2nd Small bridge is the one at Amberley on the SDW. Very nice bike as well which has just reminded me I bought a CX bike before Christmas and haven't actually used it yet.

2nd bridge is a footbridge rebuilt by the Ghurkas after the original one fell down and nobody accepted responsibility for owning it. Good on them. Stayed a week, camped out and built a bridge for us all. :cool:

It's not at Amberley or on the SDW, (but it is fairly close to both) but it is a footpath so I leave it's location a mystery. :)

Get your cross bike out, it's the perfect time of year for them. :cool:

Wu-Tangled":23cp61wl said:
DA-EVO":23cp61wl said:

2nd bridge is a footbridge rebuilt by the Ghurkas after the original one fell down and nobody accepted responsibility for owning it. Good on them. Stayed a week, camped out and built a bridge for us all. :cool:

It's not at Amberley or on the SDW, (but it is fairly close to both) but it is a footpath so I leave it's location a mystery. :)

I was riding towards that bridge a while back, when we were told 'The bridge is down!!' which we thought was hilarious in a cowboy film sort of way, until we got to it and realised it had be fubar'd by a tree... still managed to get across though...... :D :D :D

Lovely pics Wu, you should be a photographer :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Wu-Tangled":3mbaxxxw said:
DA-EVO":3mbaxxxw said:

Ah, miscount, did I mean the 3rd bridge?

And yes, I will get the Cx bike out quick-sharp.

Back