finest quality bonded Koga-Miyata frameset, NOS

can the chainside rear stay be undone ? and closed again - a bolt can be seen. But is it glued ?
maybe a crime but was thinking about a carbon drive combined with an alfine rear hub :idea: :shock:
Does it sound too silly or unwise ? ;)

I tried to remove the chainstay on a frame before and the allen bolt just crumbled. I'd suggest it would be an easy way to ruin a beautiful frame.

Dito. It is a glued aluminum bolt. Of course you could try to drill it out, but it is absolutely not what I recommend.

On a funny sidenote: The mountain frames used the same glued and bolted construction. Downhill champ Greg Herbold runned a couple frames with a shock unit near the monstay, so the particular bolt near the drop out were not only disconnected, the point even functioned as pivot.

Here we see Greg racing such a bike in a Dual Slalom event --->

greg22C.jpg

Wow these truly are lovely. Those colours and details like the cable guides..... I want one... But I really can't allow myself to spend that kind of money right now :(

I sold all 3 available frames in March last year

BUT I kept one for my own collection!

I am still in the proces of a cleaning however and sometimes it is time to make tough decissions. Up for sale: the very last NOS GranWinner!

Size 56. It is the frame you see in the pictures.

Hi Roger,

I can't give a good advise, as it could be an exact fit, but also be a little on the small side for you. Anyway, I am 1.83cm and I could ride 57, but ideally 58/59. Best is to borrow a similar sized bike of a friend.

I am not expert on triathlon bikes, but I believe that back in the 80s or maybe even early 90s, triathlon bikes were often converted roadbikes. I do have a triathlon specific frame however (see signature). I am not really into triathlon frame sizing, but I would think that one will not fit you.

Sounds good :cool:

I think best is to meaure the various dimensions of your two other bikes than :)

Back