Another cro-mega t' add t' mix...

Another Alpinestrs joins the select group. I also bid on this one as it looked very good, i too had the Chancellor looking over my shoulder asking what the F*** I was bidding on another bike for.

Glad you won it and managed to sneak it in under the cover of a cardboard box.

Nice one.

Yes, I now have - AHEM! - seven bikes and three frames distributed between two sheds and a gazebo!! ;)

But one of them IS my daughters, and my son said that he'd like the Dynatech when it's done - but I shall still end up with a spare Lavadome frame...

Current spec. as follows:

Frame: '92 Cro-Mega LX

Fork: Kona Project two

Headset: FSA The PIG
Stem: Kalloy 150mm
Handlebar: Zoom Brahma Bar
Grips: " "
Barends: " "

Brakes: Magura HS33
Brake Pads: "
Brake Cables: "
Cantilever cable hangers: N/A
Brake Levers: Magura

Shifters: Shimano Deore LX 7-speed
Front Derailleur: " Exage 500 LX (soon to be replaced...)
Rear Derailleur: " Deore LX
Derailleur Cables: " SIS
Cassette: " 12-28
Chain: KMS-Z
Cranks: Shimano Deore LX
Crank Bolts: "
Chainrings: " " " 26/36/46
Chainring bolts: "
Bottom Bracket: FSA 118mm sq. taper
Pedals: Wellgo platforms

Hub Skewers: Shimano Deore LX
Rims: Weinmann BCX1 & 2
Hubs: Shimano Parallax Deore LX
Nipples:
Spokes:
Tyres: Ritchey Z Max rear/Mythos XC front
Tubes: Bontrager

Saddle: Selle Italia Flite Genuine-Gel
Seatpost: Uno suspension post, 27.2 shimmed to fit
Seatpost Binder: Spares box refugee

Weight: 26lbs[/quote]

I'll get some up-to-date pix up when it's not raining...

Short update to original Post... :D

P8180015-LX.jpg

I'm sure HC won't mind me using his photo 'till I get some of my own sorted...(Cheers M :D )

So, to update;

Having decided I wanted to radically customise my recently acquired Cro-Mega I found I couldn't do without my neon-framed bike either! My initial idea was to source another frame, build two bikes and just swap components around depending which bike I wanted to ride - hmmm...

Luckily, trolling back through the 'for sale' section I spotted HC's bike and it still seemed to be available? A quick PM confirmed that yes, it was still for sale, but someone had just beaten me to it with the PM! Hells teeth! Still, I had second bite so fingers crossed...

Fast forward a couple of weeks and HC's Cro-Mega is now sitting in a box in my kitchen courtsey of my other half... (it wouldn't still be boxed up were it not for the fact I contracted food-poisoning last weekend, wasn't at work when UPS delivered it on Monday and haven't had time since!!) So, shortly I shall be unboxing my new steed and introducing it to its stablemate (too many metaphores?) for a couple of pix to keep the punters happy... :D

A few pix to be going on with...

P1040056.jpg

You won't have to be overly observant to notice the lack of a right grip! As this bike is due an imminent metamorphosis I can't be ar**d with fitting the damn thing only to have to remove it again shortly thereafter... :roll:

P1040060.jpg

Before the howls of indignation crash the server, the seatpost IS only temporary... :LOL:

P1040058.jpg

P1040075.jpg

In all it's neon glory! I can't think why some people don't like it? :cool:

P1040064.jpg

Hc's ex-'91 on the right - currently very Retro (though I've already changed the seat/post for a Flite/silver alloy A'star item...)

P1040068.jpg

I have to confess I will be changing the controls completely - you can see from the bike on the left that the '91 is too short for me (short legs, long back & arms...:oops: ) . I have a NOS 150mm alloy Zoom stem, plus the Brahma Bar and LX thumbies off the '92 to swap over. I shall also fit period V's just like I did BITD (except alloy, not purple this time round)...

P1040067.jpg

P1040072.jpg

Yeah, I know it's not the drive-side but the light was going and the later pix had a bit of camera-shake... :(

P1040065.jpg

So thanks to HC for selling it and my Missus for buying it for me I'm a very happy bunny right now... :D :D :D :D :roll:

More photo's - the updating begins... :)

P1040085.jpg

Black seatpost swapped for alloy item, A'stars Turbo saddle swapped for FliteMax...

P1040081.jpg

P1040087.jpg

P1040086.jpg

Set of LX V's currently on a Lavadome to be swapped over, along with the Brahma Bar, Zoom alloy stem and LX thumbies - pix to follow... :cool:

Todays update - March 1st...

Cabled the LX out today and took it out for a shake-down ride, boy it flies! Performance certainly belies it's porky cro-moly construction... :D

Not much left to do to complete now, though I do have a NOS 1 1/4" XT headset on the way. Other than that I'm fitting Crank Bros pedals (cos I don't like SPDs...), and stainless steel chain-rings as this is the bike I shall be riding at the Mountain Mayhem in June.

Just need to raise the saddle about another 1/2" and I'm sure the stem isn't quite straight so out with the allen keys before I take it out again on Thursday (10 mile loop every other day...).

So, this is the current state of play...

P1040102_a.jpg

Pic bit dark as I hadn't noticed the time and I needed to use the flash! :oops:

P1040107_a.jpg

With the 150mm stem the steering could best be described as 'direct!' But that's how I like it... :LOL:

More (and better) photo's to follow when 100% finished...

Back