External Bottom Bracket recommendations

Sorry to butt in :D
Are the axle sizes on all the manufacturers chainsets, that use external BB's, the same?
I've got a Truvativ Stylo chainset and am wondering about BB choice also.

Think they are standard. Well 67-73, 83 or 100. As far as I know they come with spacers for nuances in pipe length.

Why not just use the RaceFace one, be a shame not to as you already have it. Then when a sale is on etc with a large discount get the Hope etc.
It should be quite a while before it is actually buggered.

Re: .

Grannygrinder":2vphhn5a said:
Sorry to butt in :D
Are the axle sizes on all the manufacturers chainsets, that use external BB's, the same?
I've got a Truvativ Stylo chainset and am wondering about BB choice also.

you can use the hope b/b's on truvativ but you need to use some extra shims that hope make because the truvativ axle is a different size

:)

FluffyChicken":2knuvy7r said:
Why not just use the RaceFace one, be a shame not to as you already have it. Then when a sale is on etc with a large discount get the Hope etc.
It should be quite a while before it is actually buggered.

Looking doubtful the crank will turn up to be honest as it has been three weeks now and the guy I bought it off is convinced I have had it so won't refund me. Shame really when you trust folk on forums but they let you down and then don't believe you are telling the truth. Am on the lookout for another now.

If I get one with a BB included I will use it until failure.

Ah yes, i meant diametre rather than length :oops:
So I take there is more than 1 'standard'?
Jon' Are the shims the ones that are available on CRC? (What do you mean you don't know :D :D :D ).

Might be worth linking the shims on CRC so we can provide comment.

Am still waiting a refund on my missing cranks but sold some camera equipment I wasn't using so have ordered a RaceFace Atlas FR which comes with a RaceFace BB that will get used till it blows up. It will then get replaced with a Hope.

Cheers all.

Sorry i'd love to set up a link, but I don't have the skills :D
They are listed in MTB BB spares on CRC's website ;)

hey bert :)
i have a hope ss one, works great, i killed a raceface one fairly quickly with the commute to the big orange nightmare a couple of years ago, was quite supprised/disappointed with it

mountainloz":3byl133y said:
hey bert :)
i have a hope ss one, works great, i killed a raceface one fairly quickly with the commute to the big orange nightmare a couple of years ago, was quite supprised/disappointed with it

Heard a lot of bad things about them but I have had one on my Zaskar for a year and seems OK so far. Not doing as many miles on it as I once was though.

Need the Pace back on the road though. Am missing it. :(

Back