Marzocchi Z2 X-Fly forks £65.00**SOLD**

Jones

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Mavic Crossride 6 bolt disc wheelset, they've done one 15 mile dry summer ride and then sat in a cupboard ever since :LOL:

£90 posted or £100 posted with tyres and tubes which have also only done 15 miles ;) **Sold pending payment**

cr1.jpg

cr2.jpg

Marzocchi Z2 X-Fly 80mm travel, 1 1/8th threadless steerer which is 184mm long.

Really nice condition but you do have to pump them up every few weeks ;) £70 posted

cr3.jpg

cr4.jpg

cr5.jpg

cr6.jpg

What model/travel are the bombers? They look well minty innit! :cool:
How long is the steerer?
Any swaps you need? I have stuff...

Their Z2 X-Fly forks pretty sure their 80mm but not sure :? and the steerer is about 180mm but I'll have to check that as well when I pick it up tomorrow, that vague enough for you :LOL:

No swaps at the moment sorry, apart from a half decent set of road wheels Shimano 9/10 speed compatible ;)

Frame sold :cool: I'll take some better pics of the forks tomorrow and measure the steerer at the same time ;)

FluffyChicken":whzogy6w said:
any idea where the air is leaking from ?
bottom nut seals, main seals or air valve ?

No idea sorry :? although I suspect the main seals as after a very long ride there has been a tiny tiny bit of oil on the tops of the legs.

It is a tiny amount and only noticeable on dry rides when dust sticks to but to be honest I know nothing about the internals of these forks :oops: so would the main seals cause them to lose pressure :?:

Jones":3ckcu32a said:
FluffyChicken":3ckcu32a said:
any idea where the air is leaking from ?
bottom nut seals, main seals or air valve ?

No idea sorry :? although I suspect the main seals as after a very long ride there has been a tiny tiny bit of oil on the tops of the legs.

It is a tiny amount and only noticeable on dry rides when dust sticks to but to be honest I know nothing about the internals of these forks :oops: so would the main seals cause them to lose pressure :?:

Yes, the air is in the bottom of the leg (well unless the design changed a lot from the S-Fly which these evolved from.
though if a small amount of oil came out, then well there is only a small amount of lubrication oil in there with the air that can get out. The large amount of damping oil is sat in them there gold stanchions.

But it is lubrication oil and it would have to get out of two seals (main seal and the dust seal and could just be oil sat between the two).
could be the valves need tightening a bit though.

But they are readily available as are the bushings.
I'll go double check though to see if I'm talking bollocks.
I only really know the '99 S-Fly's

EDITLooking at the manual http://www.enduroforkseals.com/sitebuil ... _x_fly.pdf
they are identical inside apart from travel length. infact only the new brace style and air valve place is really different.

Good forks and easily serviced if they needed it.
I cannot justify buying them though (having no bike to put them on doesn't help :oops: )

Back