Pace RC200 advice

Cracking up

I have heard a lot of reports on RC200 frames cracking recently, which would indicate those of a certain age may be "fatigued" so I would be wary, go for one of the newer ones if you must, I feel a decent steel frame can be had for the same money that's going to last a lot longer and ride better.

Re: Cracking up

Wold Ranger":dpm7bq52 said:
I have heard a lot of reports on RC200 frames cracking recently, which would indicate those of a certain age may be "fatigued" so I would be wary, go for one of the newer ones if you must, I feel a decent steel frame can be had for the same money that's going to last a lot longer and ride better.

Can you be more specific about the lots of reports you've heard recently on old Pace frames cracking?

Radar":l4o0rhus said:
Guess I am! Took eldest radarling(7) for a spin upto White Lady then down to the bottom of Coldwell Clough yesterday. Kinder really is a very special place. I get sort of complacent at times. I shouldn't!

Radarling :LOL: Like it.

Fatigue

Pace are just up the road from me, so we inevitably have a lot of their frames in the neighbourhood. I could be riding out on Sunday with as many as a dozen or more of my m8s on them, when they were "the" bike to have. A lot of these broken over time, right chainstay behind Bottom Bracket and under head tube/down tube join. There have been a fair few reports on here too.
I have many friends who own cycle shops in the area and they see a fair few of these too. It's not a factor common to just Pace frames, in particular, many HT Aluminium frames suffer the same fate, which is why steel is making a big comeback. (Hurrah! :D )

Back