Fave Retro Bands

REKIBorter":2r7k7qgt said:
Retro music, how about Rush, went to see them at Wembley 9th & 10th October. Absolutley amazing shows, I cannot believe these guys are in their mid-fifties.

So you never saw Hawkwind then....? :cool:

I remember going in to see Heawkwind at Manchester Apollo about twenty years ago but i dont remember much about the gig or coming out again!!!

Fanbloodytastic!

Oh i do remember a naked dancer through the smoke.

Thanks for the prompt.

Cheers,Al

I saw Hawkwind umpteen times - they are still touring but don't get out of the UK much...

Most surreal was a gig in Christiania, Copenhagen 10 years ago or so, which until recently, was a place where cannabis was freely available and the police had a policy of "looking the other way most of the time".... Now I don't advocate drug use, but that gig had an atmosphere you don't get every day...

And the naked dancer 20 years ago... you sure about that? That would be 86/7, which would be the Chronicle of the Black Sword or thereabouts....

My first Hawkwind gig was a Hawkfest in 89 at Brixton Academy....

I really should get round to seeing them again before Dave Brock retires.

Well i was about 19/20 and im 40 now so yes.

And i do remember a naked dancer,but then again who knows!

Al.

I saw hawkwind in 86/87 and I'm sure I would have remembered a naked dancer... but then I did have a pot noodle before the show.

I have Hawkwind to thank for being slightly deaf in my right ear. The Regal in Hitchin 1982 standing right in front of the speakers. Pished & High as a Kite :cool: Happy days ;)

'I've got a silver machine'

Back