Whinlatter Mountain Bike Challenge 20/03/2011

EarlofBarnet":3eqt4omf said:
I've got some good programme's for the turbo trainer if you want them? :D

Been looking at turbos recently, but even ignoring issues of time, money and space (in our one-bed with 11 bikes) I fear we wouldn't stay on good terms with nextdoor for very long... :shock: :LOL:

I had a fan turbo trainer years ago and it was really loud. Couldn't listen to music etc. But, the mag one I have now is really quiet. Used with a thin slick tyre is near enough silent. Definitely worth a look. Can't help you with space though, haha.

I'm in just need to book the time off work now :D Full enduro, should be great training for the HoNC.

sinnett177":ss6bgb40 said:
I'm in just need to book the time off work now :D Full enduro, should be great training for the HoNC.

Top stuff, hoping we might get a few more of us together for this... :D

Put a quick ride in at Whinlatter this morning to see how the training is paying off (and take the Cinder Cone on first ride). Rode half the Blue loop to warm up and then hammered the North Loop. Got the North loop done in 45 mins. Well pleased. Just need to shift a few more pounds (aiming to loose another 8lbs and get to 11st) and keep racking the miles in.

EarlofBarnet":odi8jtjq said:
Put a quick ride in at Whinlatter this morning to see how the training is paying off (and take the Cinder Cone on first ride). Rode half the Blue loop to warm up and then hammered the North Loop. Got the North loop done in 45 mins. Well pleased. Just need to shift a few more pounds (aiming to loose another 8lbs and get to 11st) and keep racking the miles in.
Far too keen :D

Entered Half Enduro :)

Should have the Sintesi built for this, rim brakes and low travel suspension make for pain at whinlatter.

The Sintesti has disks and Judy 4's

Attachments

• Whinlatter-enduro-entry.JPG
    Whinlatter-enduro-entry.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 347
Back