1st 98+ botm nomintaions please

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I read it is that this BoTM is for anyones '98 & on bikes, it doesn't matter if they're 'retro' or not.

jamabikes":1nidnblb said:
as promised here is the nominations thread for the 1st monthly 1998 onwards bike of the month

doesnt harm anything, we all have retro bikes and the main topic is retro..this is like a 'what we also ride' section.

It still strikes me as odd having 2009 hydro formed beasties up against the retro-esque machines as the Orange 10th ani, Brodie (nice by the way!) & even my pace. Which are essentially retro (as per this site) but for the year of manufacture.

Still we can see where it goes.

I may enter my none stock 08 Specialized Epic in the next one. Or just nip out and buy a new something or other exotic.

saltyman":1cp6fmxa said:
doesnt harm anything, we all have retro bikes and the main topic is retro..this is like a 'what we also ride' section.

I just think that --> 1998 is quite a huge span jump. Not sure how it should be worded though. For example I've got a 1998 bike that is the same spec pretty much apart from colour as the 1997 model. How is one more retro than the other?

Remember kids, it's just for fun...

The 1998> sub-forum is essentially a leper colony, I don't think anyone is going to care what wins.

RobMac":2g0plybg said:
Sorry this thread just isnt working for me 2009 bikes? RetroBike?

Forum heading = 1998 ONWARDS
If it's slightly less old school (or even modern), it's in. Any bike chat which doesn't fit elsewhere should go here too.

So this forum is for my modern 2009 bike!!!! if you dont want to see modern bikes it may aswell you stick to the PRE 1998 forums and BOTM

Its a bit of fun its not retro, who cares, atleast i havnt put up a Specialized stumpjumper so something that the masses have, i could understand if i had entered it in the PRE 1998 BOTM but i havnt, i have entered in the CORRECT forum BOTM, and no i dont expect to win im just joining in in the FUN, for god sake.

Sorry I didn't see your Moderator title anywhere :oops:

"Here is my custom build Cube 2009, iv entered it as i dont think it is the run of the mill stuff."

Sorry again but it is "run of the mill stuff" all be it with some trinkets dangling from it.

RobMac":1nr09kdz said:
Sorry I didn't see your Moderator title anywhere :oops:

"Here is my custom build Cube 2009, iv entered it as i dont think it is the run of the mill stuff."

Sorry again but it is "run of the mill stuff" all be it with some trinkets dangling from it.

Why do i have to be a moderator to point out the obvious, this forum topic is for ANY bike newer than 1998.
As for run of the mill stuff, there is probably 5000 specialized bikes out there to every1 Cube Stereo :roll:
All i am doing is showing support for the 2nd attempt at making the 1998 ONWARDS BOTM work. :LOL:

From my point of view it is for anything later than 1998 - the voters will decide who wins, I doubt it will be a modern plastic fantastic that wins but it is nice to see niche items like the jones and other non mass produced frames in the mix.

Here's me screwing with your minds with my 1999 Steel Gazelle with 2010 Ultegra SL and Mavic Wheels...
GazelleComplete.jpg

GazellePeek.jpg

It's designed for the road don't you know.

Build Thread...
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 585#678585

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back