Interesting Daryl Funk article

Thanks for that, it filled in a few gaps about the mystery of Mr Funk.
It seems he was one of many people that got going during the boom years but couldnt survive for one reason or another. It also makes one appreciate the success that Pace has had with their forks.

Great article, and helps me to understand why the forks on my early 90's Funk bent the way they did...... :? poor guy!! :(

I guess i was one of the lucky ones as i managed to obtain a pair of replacement Funk forks with a Ti steerer.... :cool: .....although they were different in design to the first Fat forks as they were more of a unicrown fork design....still nice though.....

Miss that bike.....twas Lime green with black splatter.......so not easy to miss literally thinking about it.... :D

Drewson":m1twz63z said:
Great article, and helps me to understand why the forks on my early 90's Funk bent the way they did...... :? poor guy!! :(

I guess i was one of the lucky ones as i managed to obtain a pair of replacement Funk forks with a Ti steerer.... :cool: .....although they were different in design to the first Fat forks as they were more of a unicrown fork design....still nice though.....

It was the stanchion tubes of his suspension forks that were failing, not the 4 piece rigid fat forks.

1191Funk.jpg

If you read the article it clearly states that.......it was the stantion tubes of the suspension forks that had the problem..... :oops: I stand corrected :D
I am now no nearer to understanding whether there was an inherent problem with the steerers or crowns used on the rigid forks :roll: :LOL: Hey-Ho

This explains why I never got a refund for my rigid 1" Funk fork that bent where the steer tube and box crown meet.

Is anyone else appalled that he would take orders for thousands of units of a safety-critical product that hadn't been tested, and had no liability insurance?

:shock:

Yeah, like chuck some more plating on there dude. Whatever.

:roll:

Back