retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
anyone here ever tried to repair a sony PSP :?:

Namely the disc reader :? , looked on ebay and the parts are gonna cost £14-16 and I could try and fix it myself [Gulp], or I could send it to Leeds and get it fixed for about £45 :shock:

what do ya recon guys

Ditch it and buy a DS the games are far better, I mainly use my psp as an mp3 player through my hifi and for the odd cartoon for when the kids are on long car journeys.

Possibly the most disappointing piece of kit I've ever bought from sony... I won't be buying a ps3 either, another lemon.

When my PSP went wrong after the warrenty. I phoned sony who xplained that there are two options pay for a repair or (the option i chose) buy a repaired model which came with a 3 month warrenty. As it turned out the repaired PSP went wrong and they delivered anther one next day van. But i know a guy who worked for Sony and he told me that 95% of their new products went wrong :shock:

I certainly would think twice about buying Sony kit. I do like my PSP. But its not as good as my iPod.
X-Box or PS3. Having had both in the past. Then PS3
Also Sony customer care were really great, 1st rate.

Take a visit across to www.psp-hacks.com and someone will help. Seem to remember fairly compehensive instructions/video on the dismantling of the PSP. Doesn't seen too tricky.

If it's just the UMD drive thats buggered simply install some custom firmware and play your games off the memory stick, this also unlocks a world of retro gaming as there are loads of old skool consle emulators available. Streetfighter 2 Turbo and Super Mariokart being my personal faves!!

If you need any more help drop me a line

Back