Modern V brakes - these any good?

kaiser":2kzryi65 said:
For a bit different you could look at Pauls or if you can get them Origin8 have a very lightweight set and cheaper than the KCNC's.

Paul's!! Forgot about them. Aren't they a pig to set-up though? & what are Origin8's? never heard of them?!

sunchaser":p9ez0kcz said:
kaiser":p9ez0kcz said:
For a bit different you could look at Pauls or if you can get them Origin8 have a very lightweight set and cheaper than the KCNC's.

Paul's!! Forgot about them. Aren't they a pig to set-up though? & what are Origin8's? never heard of them?!

The Pauls were a bit of a pain to set up. But thats the price of cache! Origin8 are a cheap component brander/importer but they do have a good looking set of weenie brakes, although I've only saw them but never used or read reviews.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... =1&t=62763

kaiser":31ax3k3f said:
sunchaser":31ax3k3f said:
kaiser":31ax3k3f said:

The Pauls were a bit of a pain to set up. But thats the price of cache! Origin8 are a cheap component brander/importer but they do have a good looking set of weenie brakes, although I've only saw them but never used or read reviews.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... =1&t=62763

I do like those Paul's but, for ease of use & availability it's looking more likely I'll opt for the Avid Ultimate V's :)

Apart from the actual V's possibly being stiffer because of the lattice design I see nothing on them engineering wise to make them any better than standard V's. XT and XTR have much better design features.

I put some new XT Vs on my Clockwork and i must say they were totally brill, eccept for the noise of the mud trapped between the wheel and pad, which i suppose you will get with any brake like that, they were 3 to 4 times better than the original ones that came with my 1999 Kona Munimula, so id say newer = better :LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Try clicking on the link. You'll see they come in silver, green, blue, and black as well.

Back