Disguising good bikes as rubbish bikes to prevent theft....

BEST ANTI-THEFT DEVICES: drop handlebars, cable brakes, pannier racks

BEST DEVICES TO GET YOUR BIKE STOLEN: disc brakes, mtb wheels and tyres, regular routes home

Also be aware of " insurance bommerangs " where the buggers wait for you to get insurance replacements and then hit you again.

WHy buy a good bike and then make it look like a cheap bike :? If your worried about them getting stolen then buy a cheap bike and save your money.

I have nice bikes and i make sure they are safe as much as possible.

Because some folk have to commute everyday in the concrete jungle where the tea leafs live. Commuting can be fun on a good bike but utter drudgery on a BSO. You cant always park your bike in your office.

RE: Why have a nice bike if it doesn't look like it:

.. because sometimes having a good bike isn't about what it looks like / bragging about the brand - it's about riding the thing. :LOL: :LOL:

I've owned a Falcon Stealth and a Cannondale F800 and I can tell you which I'd prefer to ride to work every day; what the frame sticker says is nothing to do with it!

velomaniac":d93hi2wv said:
Because some folk have to commute everyday in the concrete jungle where the tea leafs live. Commuting can be fun on a good bike but utter drudgery on a BSO. You cant always park your bike in your office.
if you get a brompton, you can always park in the office...

al":1xc2yp6b said:
Just put some Specialized stickers on the frame. No one will nick one of them!!

al. ;)

Thats true and if thats what they wanted they wouldnt travel the 2 miles to your house as there would be another 20 between his house and yours!! :LOL:

Back