Carlton Continental c1972

Goldie":18s3rzsp said:
Lloyds do imichrome decals as a two part jobbie; chrome bottom layer and graphics printed on to transparent top layer. I've got some on order for me Carlton Corsa - I'll stick some photos up when they arrive :D

That would be great, Id very much like to see those.

I like the addition of the shimano kit, means you can still have as an everyday bike but with the original carlton looks. :)

playford":o3vw0wp6 said:
I like the addition of the shimano kit, means you can still have as an everyday bike but with the original carlton looks. :)

It work very smoothly, the Campag Rally mech I have would look better, though I fear it would not perform half as well as the Shimano unit. With the 32-tooth rear sprocket its great for the hills round here, even fully laden.

I had similar howls of horror talking with a fellow retro bike enthusiast recently about building a bike i'd be using everyday and wanted to keep long term as not a garage queen but for regular riding/commute. He couldnt get his head round me putting chrous rather than strada/grand sport on a 50's frame. I'll probably go for silver open sports with it as well, best of both worlds.

I tend to agree with the sentiment that the shimano rear mech looks out of place (but it is not my bike and I am not pedalling) that Large Cog on the freewheel needs the long cage I guess - this has started me thinking about gear setups and googling / sheldon has me thinking that the Huret Svelto's I am polishing might not do on that 34 tooth cog on the freewheels I have.
The Catalogues I have show either Simplex 5 speed deraileur of which there are a large number for sale from Canada or a Huret Svelto. I guess converting to a long cage is possible on these - got to have a look at Disraeli gears for more inspiration. Looking forward to warmer weather and temperatures in the Garage I can live with. Brrrghh!!

Whats the next project Spokesmann.

Attachments

• 05.JPG
    05.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,263
bloody hell, Only just noticed this, Very nice, Ive got an old PUCH that will be getting similar tidying in the next few months. It looks much the same as this actually. But i havnt had it long, Its just sat in the loft with a few others awaiting its turn...

Derohan":3m3adywe said:
I tend to agree with the sentiment that the shimano rear mech looks out of place (but it is not my bike and I am not pedalling) that Large Cog on the freewheel needs the long cage I guess - this has started me thinking about gear setups and googling / sheldon has me thinking that the Huret Svelto's I am polishing might not do on that 34 tooth cog on the freewheels I have.
The Catalogues I have show either Simplex 5 speed deraileur of which there are a large number for sale from Canada or a Huret Svelto. I guess converting to a long cage is possible on these - got to have a look at Disraeli gears for more inspiration. Looking forward to warmer weather and temperatures in the Garage I can live with. Brrrghh!!

Whats the next project Spokesmann.

I have a Pro-Am 12 in the workshop, although I may sell this one. So not sure yet!

1980 Carlton Pro-Am

I thought I had. Found a Raleigh 1980/81 racer catalogue tonight hidden away.
It has the Pro-Am detailed. It also has the very similar Super Course as well.
I will try to get it scanned properly at the local print shop and post the Photo for You.
I have a Front Derailleur that is correct for this Bike. A Suntour VX.
The Rest I do not think is too difficult. The biggest issue would be Decals if you were repainting.

Re: 1980 Carlton Pro-Am

Derohan":2i1jarpr said:
I thought I had. Found a Raleigh 1980/81 racer catalogue tonight hidden away.
It has the Pro-Am detailed. It also has the very similar Super Course as well.
I will try to get it scanned properly at the local print shop and post the Photo for You.
I have a Front Derailleur that is correct for this Bike. A Suntour VX.
The Rest I do not think is too difficult. The biggest issue would be Decals if you were repainting.

Look forward to those, Raleigh did do a similar machine at the time. Ive seen a post on this somewhere.

Back