Schwinn Straight 8

dom_k

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
posted a pic of this a while ago but now got round to giving it its own thread. awesome bike to ride in a downwards direction!!

Attachments

• ringle.JPG
    ringle.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 2,840
  • front zoom.JPG
    front zoom.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 2,840
  • front.JPG
    front.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 2,840
  • schwinn side.JPG
    schwinn side.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 2,840
i think its a 99 - its basically a yeti lawwill 8 badged up as a schwinn - yeah the whole suspension arrangement is a bit mad - saw the pull shock on the lobo so thought id add this too!

i think its a 99 - its basically a yeti lawwill 8 badged up as a schwinn - yeah the whole suspension arrangement is a bit mad - saw the pull shock on the lobo so thought id add this too!

Nice! More DH-classics. It even has a floating brake system.
And is the shock still ok? that would be a pain to find a replacement
What's the weight? (always a tricky question when it comes to DH-bikes
or ladies)

yes the shock is still fine - buttery smooth and no visable wear on the shaft, both the rebound and compression still work fine too!
the floating brake system is really good too - you can feel that the suspension is still working when you are braking into rutted corners where other systems would have the brake jack problem
as for the weight - well il try weigh it properly but for estimation purposes it must be twice what my hei hei weighs - id estimate a good 45lbs.
gonna give it a refresh over this winter - got a NOS mainframe for it and want bits like a new headset etc... so its ready for next year!

Nice bike! I've one of this and now I'm in the hard process of rebuild, but with the components of the year that was maked.It's a bike of 2000.

The shock is one of my biggest nightmares and headache...

Adios!

Back