findings from the junkyard vol.2

fdoc

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
A pre-WW II. German fabrication made of good old steel: it weights almost fifteen pounds(22,5 kg)!
It is in unrestored condition,but ready to use -though the front-brake is missing. The wheels/rims are probably not the originals,the chain is new. The clou is the 3-speed gearbox :roll: but you should also note the Bosch-lighting system and the factory-mounted(?)wheel-driven "sound-system" :)...
Many thanks to my friend Zsolti,who runs the mentioned business(a second-hand bike shop and service),he is a former bike-sportler,a well-trained mechanic and a nice guy too.

Attachments

• Adler 1.jpg
    Adler 1.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 3,956
  • Adler 2.jpg
    Adler 2.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 3,956
  • Adler3.jpg
    Adler3.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 3,956
  • Adler 4.jpg
    Adler 4.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 3,956
Silly question maybe - but how do you stop it? Can't even see a coaster brake! Agreed it should be kept as original as possible, great find!

recent state must be kept

Hi all!
Yes,it's evident that this bike must be kept in this state. It is rather a museum object than a traffic device...
Maybe I do not know the proper term in English (is this the coaster-brake?),but the rear hub mech contains what we call "counter-brake": if you move the pedals backwards,the braking effect begins.

Attachments

• Adler 5.jpg
    Adler 5.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 3,841
  • Adler 6.jpg
    Adler 6.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 3,841
  • Adler 7.jpg
    Adler 7.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 3,841
What a cracker! Really interesting. Love the BB integral gearbox. It still works OK?

BTW, 22.5 kg is nearer 40lb (or is my maths wrong? 2.2 lbs/1kg?) I wish my modern aluminium/carbon bike was as light as 15lbs!

mistaken

Sorry,the weight given in pounds is absolutely wrong :?
Cannot figure out,how could I made such a silly mistake,thanks for correcting :oops:
It's a real surprise:the gearbox works seamlessly -obviously it was well-greased during decades...

I absolutely love the leaf spring detail on the chain wheel (along with just about everything else....). Lovely.

eagles

Goldie!
I'm afraid you're wrong: there are stylized German imperial eagles
(the name of the bike Adler=Eagle)with widely opened wings on the chain-wheel. Similar eagle-symbols can be seen on both cranks.

Back