re-vamped

treeman

Devout Dirtbag
As 80's as poss. Just had it repainted by Vernon Barker who I believe worked for Dronfield cycles all thoes years ago. I've kept it as 1980's as i could and yes it does feel really comfortable to ride.

Attachments

• IMG_00023.JPG
    IMG_00023.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 1,263
nice old skool tester.
For info, there was never a dronfield cycles as such. The name was MB dronfield and the transfer font was far different from yours. MBD was set up by vernon barker (he being the B in MB) along with a partner (M) and the shop was (and still is, altho' its not a full bikeshop these days) situated in dronfield, south of sheffield.
When M retired, vernon bought him out and rebranded himself vernon barker cycles.
These days vernon works part time, still in the same basement workshop, concentrating mainly on repairs and refinishes, as the demand for new steel frames has dropped.

Yip, that will be the guy I sent the frame too, I got him to make up the transfers as he was unable to get the originals, he done a good job on it and not to costly. I should have it out next year and do a few club 10's.

Great looking machine. I really like that.

I seem to be developing a soft spot for Mavic disc wheels.

M was/is Andy Middlemiss. They (M&B) built my tandem in '85, cracking machine which I wish I still had!

I've still got to try mine on the road yet since the refirb and thoes tri bars, but it was just fine when I rode it last year.

Back