More Mr Dirt fork help please

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
In preperation for selling I removed the Mr Dirt Triple Bypass forks (as seen in 98+ For Sale thread) from my VR1 this morning
The rhs leg is limp and holding up higher...like a poor doggy with a stone in his paw pad. No compression to speak of either
I'm a complete numpty when it come to forks...any ideas what might be causing this?
May give Mojo a tinkle I suppose.
Cheers in advance
Carl

they've maybe had the oil drained out ? you try'd turning them upsidedown and listening for the oil running ?

i've never seen a set of those before but there a nice looking fork :cool:

big.eck":1yyzfcq7 said:
they've maybe had the oil drained out ? you try'd turning them upsidedown and listening for the oil running ?

i've never seen a set of those before but there a nice looking fork :cool:

There's a dribble of oil I can hear :?

just had a look on the net and i can't find anything :shock: i'm onto something in an american forum so i'll get back to you if i find anything ;)

Get a hold of Bob @ Mr Dirt. I've had him call me back and and spend 30 minutes on the phone (his dime) walking me through some tuning problems while I worked on my fork with my cordless phone wedged in between shoulder and ear (it's called a FAT fork, btw). The guy is great to deal with.

FMJ":1mvrra9f said:
Get a hold of Bob @ Mr Dirt. I've had him call me back and and spend 30 minutes on the phone (his dime) walking me through some tuning problems while I worked on my fork with my cordless phone wedged in between shoulder and ear (it's called a FAT fork, btw). The guy is great to deal with.

Thanks FMJ...can't you tell me? thus avoiding a potentially expensive call (and more appropriately, an embarrassing conversation where I say...what...eh...what's an allen key etc etc etc :LOL: )

There's no way to really tell what's wrong with it without tearing it apart. Could be a spacer problem, bent shaft, broken adjuster, tweaked fork seal (they are standard off the shelf parts, btw), any number of things. Your fork is a generation ahead of my old FAT as well (external adjustment knob). Like I said, Bob built your fork. He is your best bet (email him?), outside of any BITD mechanic for a team over there that would have run them on their bikes (there were one or two as I recall).

FMJ":e6ri29aw said:
There's no way to really tell what's wrong with it without tearing it apart. Could be a spacer problem, bent shaft, broken adjuster, tweaked fork seal (they are standard off the shelf parts, btw), any number of things. Your fork is a generation ahead of my old FAT as well (external adjustment knob). Like I said, Bob built your fork. He is your best bet (email him?), outside of any BITD mechanic for a team over there that would have run them on their bikes (there were one or two as I recall).

Thanks for the reply chap...I don't think there is anything serious wrong with them...I'll give Bob a mail I think.
What happened to Mojo buying the rights I wonder?
Ciao
Carluccio

Back