Dunkers big bad build thread

dyna-ti":1m8wj68m said:
zigzag":1m8wj68m said:
What you lose on the wheels, you make up on that Ti frame surely? You got a weight?

Not as yet
It's down to the choice of forks.I've just got an rc-31 from gil,but it's 1" and the frame is 1 1/8",so ive ordered one of the CK reducing kits from aspire velotech,if it arrives in time[and doesn't get taxed to hell]i'll be running that.If not then it will be the Z2 :?

I've just had some dialogue with Justbackdated and he has steerers in stock for most Pace forks.

If I make it up, and hopefully I should I'll be running 1 x 7, SS is to much like hard work for January fitness levels.

Tazio":7awdcz80 said:
If I make it up, and hopefully I should I'll be running 1 x 7, SS is to much like hard work for January fitness levels.
We'll be stopping every 10 minutes for mechanicals, a blether, crashes, photies, etc anyway :D

Got my KCNC brake pads and holders today... 17g each, compared with original 33g. They are funky, but not sure the saving was worth the cost :?

Waiting on a few bits to arrive in the post, and (possibly) bar a saddle should be ready to begin assembly.

thats the same weight as shimano cartridge pad holders
but with a bit of milling

mikee":2skuulkx said:
thats the same weight as shimano cartridge pad holders
but with a bit of milling
Aye, I think that's what KCNC do as well:

!B7nW29QCGk~$%28KGrHqQOKkIEzJYk9%29nuBM0usOY,8!~~0_12.JPG

Replacement Clarks pads just saved me another 2g!

Im now tempted to try to fit some gears to make it a tad easier.I say try as there will no doubt be a chainline issue over the 132.5mm rear spacing :?

132.5mm is the dropout spacing for a bike that can take either a 130mm spaced hub or a 135mm spaced hub. The wheels should be dished perfectly for their spacing and should not cause any alignment issues. If the wheel hub is 132.5mm spaced then thats just weird but if its been dished perfectly for this spacing it'll work fine in either a 130mm spaced frame or a 135mm spaced frame.

In short Dyna I can see that there is any issue to worry about. Get some gears in there if it'll make you happy ;)

Found a 35g FSA 34T chain ring in the spares box, compares pretty well to that chunky 79g 39T BMX ring I was going to use. Also saving a bit of weight (17g) with a smaller cog at the rear, although that'll be offset by the longer chain. I'm going to try pretty hard to lose the tensioner too (87g).

i was thinking today that i might start again with this ,a steel framed weenie seems odd but my karakoram frame is 424g heavier than the
zaskar i'm using so it could still be under 20lb
might be a cooler bike than the zaskar
might try it and see

Back