2003 Rocky Mountain Slayer

yostumpy":1aytnn3v said:
How is your bike proportioned then? :D

Hmm - 17" seat tube, 23.3" ETT, in-line seatpost, either 70 or 90mm stem (depending on how I feel, I suppose) and Easton Monkeylite low-rise bars.
EBB set pretty much as far back as possible to shorten effective chainstay length and give as long a front centre as possible.
But then, I spend most of my time out of the saddle and I like a bike that's long enough to feel right for that and still use a shortish stem.
Bar height is about 1" lower than saddle height, but then I run the saddle slightly lower on a singlespeed than I would on the same bike with gears.

'bars about 1" lower than seat' ...yes on my P7, but not sure how you set up a full sus really, (my orange P7 rock shox only have about 50mm travel if i'm lucky), so on a full sus when you set everything up ' unweighted' it all changes when you sit on it, and as you say with a potential 5" of movement up front now, and 4 3/4" at the back it all gets a bit lost. I'll just have to ride it a lot to get used to it, as ALL new bikes feel wrong dont they! I tried a search for your bikes in readers rides but Soooooooooo many pages! got any piccies!

yostumpy":1gy0wb6k said:
I tried a search for your bikes in readers rides but Soooooooooo many pages! got any piccies!

Well, just because you asked ;) - here's one from about two hours ago, on my last ride of 2010 and another from about two weeks ago, in the snow. :cool:

Attachments

• New-Year's-Eve-1.jpg
    New-Year's-Eve-1.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,592
  • Snow---Tholt-y-Will.jpg
    Snow---Tholt-y-Will.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,592
yostumpy":d0ljruo2 said:
Nice, is that the singular 29er! Your spoon looks quite forwardish in the post.

It's the Hummingbird , the rear wheel's 26". It's a 69er and a real pleasure to ride :cool:
The saddle rails are just about in the centre of the adjustment range - I find it easier to spin high cadences if I'm not too far back, hence the in-line post. For the same reason I run my saddle about 10mm lower than I would if I had gears, again, I find it easier to spin at around 120rpm. It's never about seated power on a singlespeed mtb, any time that you need power you're out of the saddle.

Latest posts

Back