Ti brake bosses

marin man":160ohx3f said:
Just put an old seatpost on the end of your spanner and force them in tintin.........go on......I know you want too :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

With my office worker arms you must be joking :LOL: :LOL: Will do it correctly :D

I think it is just a simple case of the wrong thread pitch A) don't force the wrong one in and B) don't retap the forks.

Take the right one to a nut n bolt supplier or a engineer, get them to identify the thread and then buy the right size Ti bosses :D you might need to run a correctly sized tap down the thread - you may have damaged / distorted it by screwing in the wrong boss :? My airborne frame had someone try the same :-( the fix is dead easy though - blue peter style instructions / pics on my build thread :D

WD :D

Hurrah for chinese Ti brake bosses. I fitted some to my Fat Ti earlier this year. They both sheared clean off the first time i used the brakes. Not cool when you live at the bottom of a big hill.

Bin them.

I'm all for a bit of internationalism but some of the guff coming out of China just now is downright dangerous. And I don't just mean bike stuff but across a lot of industries.

Dr S":3iut50fm said:
Hurrah for chinese Ti brake bosses. I fitted some to my Fat Ti earlier this year. They both sheared clean off the first time i used the brakes. Not cool when you live at the bottom of a big hill.

Bin them.

I've been very lucky in my cycling history when riding lightweight parts never had a problem even with poorly built wheels. Perhaps it's my riding style etc.

One good long f@rt before you get on your bike Tony and you will save as much weight as you will with those bosses.

tintin40":1fwcczzt said:
Dr S":1fwcczzt said:

Bin them.

I've been very lucky in my cycling history when riding lightweight parts never had a problem even with poorly built wheels. Perhaps it's my riding style etc.

Even a 90 year old Nun will break those, no matter how easy you ride. I broke my mounts braking at the pavement edge before i even got away from the house. Save yourself a couple of grands worth of dentistry instead of 30gram Tony?

You have been warned!!

Dr S":q6sfk4mk said:
Save yourself a couple of grands worth of dentistry instead of 30gram Tony?

You have been warned!!

Warning noted from the good Dr S

Andy R":384q0qv9 said:
Tazio":384q0qv9 said:
They both look the same size but it looks like a different thread on the Ti one, and a longer threaded section. Not sure what the thread could be as they are both metric.

I presume that they are both probably M10x1.25, but how do you know that they're both metric - the steel one could be 3/8" x 20TPI (unlikely, I know).

Thirty seconds with a micrometer and a thread gauge would answer that, of course.
What are the steel posts from, as a matter of interest?

I contacted the fork seller and they said the bosses are M10 1.0 so ordered 2 pairs from Torontocycles.

Thanks for your help & advice good people :D

Back