Dunkers big bad build thread

The bike i'm using for Dunkers is around 25lb, rider is about a stone overweight, at the rate i'm going that could be a stone and a half by the end of January, will have a big dump on the morning of the 30th which will shed a pound or two but may bring a cake for lunch which will add a pound or two on :)

I've spent the last week living off meat and chocolate, watching movies and playing games, stone and a half at least for me, I'm relying on no money to buy food at the end of the month to lose weight :)

zigzag":2ae5dhqb said:
Random musings from the FAT camp...

- I wish I had a drill press. Even a vice would be nice.
- After hacksawing and drilling my Surly tensioner, I've saved 5g. Rapidly coming to the conclusion this may not be worth the effort. And it looks like shite.
- Some random weights... Forks plus crown race = 732g. Frame plus headset plus BB = 2,386g.
- Spreadsheet reckons bike weighed just over 23lbs previously (which doesn't tie in with the bathroom scales 22.3lbs weight from earlier). I reckon I'm looking at 19-19.5 lbs for the weenie build.

i'm off work another week , if you want to use my cave i've got grinders , drills , a vice ect and pretty much every tool you could ever need for a bike + some big hammers ;)

Im going to lose out due to my wheel choice or rather lack of it :(

Everyone single speed on this?

dyna-ti":q2lc3pvb said:

Everyone single speed on this?

I'll have gears ;) , although it's a road cassette so might as well be single speed :LOL:

big.eck":3gc8i9ge said:
i'm off work another week , if you want to use my cave i've got grinders , drills , a vice ect and pretty much every tool you could ever need for a bike + some big hammers
Cheers for the offer big fella, but I think I'm done fannying about with all that. I'll polish up the tensioner and that'll do me. :D

dyna-ti":3gc8i9ge said:
What you lose on the wheels, you make up on that Ti frame surely? ;) You got a weight?

zigzag":30md2sxw said:
What you lose on the wheels, you make up on that Ti frame surely? You got a weight?

Not as yet
It's down to the choice of forks.I've just got an rc-31 from gil,but it's 1" and the frame is 1 1/8",so ive ordered one of the CK reducing kits from aspire velotech,if it arrives in time[and doesn't get taxed to hell]i'll be running that.If not then it will be the Z2 :?

Back